Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES' ponders the question... (Read 46 times)

From the Internet.

Said no runner, ever.

But it's the perfect run! Long enough to justify stuffing extra food in my face (like the pumpkin streusel muffin sitting in front of me that's going to be gone in about 2 minutes), short enough that I'm not getting up *that* much earlier than a normal day, and easy pace so it's not as intimidating as a workout day!

delicate flower

I think I'd know about it if fifteen pounds of feces exited my colon. 

We've all been there before.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm hoping to run this afternoon, Dorian has been up since 4:45 This morning 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

We've all been there before.

We have? 

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

GinnyinPA

Bluerun - definitely yay.  You can walk without pain and you were outside for an hour, moving your body.  That's reason for a lot of yays.

Little Blue - great news about your BIL.  My brother went through that about 10 years ago. All is well.

Short easy run later.  It's warm and wet, with cold air expected later, so I need to get outside soon.

LRB

I'm on the exercise bike again, FFS.

10 minutes at 70 RPM or higher. I'm currently at 80 and would rather be walking backwards in a crowded mall while listening to Paparazzi by Lady Gaga. 

Cyberic

10 minutes at 70 RPM or higher. I'm currently at 80 and would rather be walking backwards in a crowded mall while listening to Paparazzi by Lady Gaga. 

If you were able to write that message, you were not going fast enough, FFS

onemile

Are you paying for this shit?

Cyberic

It is currently 80 degrees in the office, gdi.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Here's something else to ponder; if you're a marathon maniac are you always training or always in taper.  

Neither?  I guess we just keep the miles at a certain point and just run marathons.  Some people run marathons every weekend (even doubles) all year long. I have 4 stars in the club and that took 12 marathons in one year plus a double (two in one weekend).  Some people have 10 stars OR MORE!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is currently 80 degrees in the office, gdi.

That's even colder than our temperature outside!  By like 10F!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So...when I was in Las Vegas, I noticed that the pain from whatever it was, gallbladder, etc., was worse but that tiger balm helped making it feel better.

That is when I thought there might be something else hurting that area. It was not muscular but I wanted to make sure it was not something around it rather than the gallbladder. On Tuesday, we were doing something in Pilates and it included twisting in the air after which the area hurt. We both exclaimed at once: a rib i...s out of place. How did I not thought of this? I ran in so much pain yesterday, I was nauseous and could not breathe.

I got to see my massage therapist at noon today. It took him an hour to pop it in place and yes, it was the 10th rib all in front and the back. The front part was pushing everything to the gallbladder area. It still hurts and it is taped but I can breathe now. So, if the pain does not come back, I'm done. If it does, I get a scan.

Now I ask myself, how long have I gotten this shit out of place?  At least a month, if not more!   I still have nausea from all the pain he caused me while moving it or whatever he did.

Damaris

LRB

Are you paying for this shit?

Actually I've met my deductible so no. Although I've met my deductible so yes. lol

LRB

If you were able to write that message, you were not going fast enough, FFS

It's for warmup purposes only, thankfully. I would not want to actually work out on that boring thing, although the elliptical is not much better.