Beginners and Beyond

Why ThursDAILIES? (Read 36 times)

LRB

I find Runners World a poor replacement. 

DavePNW

FFS shoe mileage gets up there fast. Need to replace both the Adrenalines & Ravennas pretty soon. Still not ready to move up to the new models - why change as long as I can still find the old ones online? (Certainly not going to change anything NOW.) Just ordered Ravenna 5's from Amazon. They don't have the Adrenaline GTS 15 in my size, so need to hunt around some more.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Crazy storms here today, had some sort of massive winds or tornado 4 miles from work. One of the few times I am happy to be tucked away in my windowless basement office. Upper body weights and core.

DaveP, try Holabird Sports.

DavePNW

DaveP, try Holabird Sports.

Thanks! That was actually one that popped up when I searched. I had never heard of them; good to know they are legit.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Thanks! That was actually one that popped up when I searched. I had never heard of them; good to know they are legit.

I do almost all of my shoe buying there. Their physical location is the closest LRS to me.

Cyberic

I do almost all of my shoe buying there. Their physical location is the closest LRS to me.

1h15 at MP - Was supposed to be 10 at MP but dunno what happened with the foot pod (battery maybe) my pace dropped very steeply, and I'm pretty confident I know how to hold a steady pace.

MTA: Dunno why I quoted you HCK?

DavePNW

They don't have my size.  Looks like Road Runner Sports or Kelly's Running Warehouse may be possibilities.

Dave

LRB

They don't have my size.  Looks like Road Runner Sports or Kelly's Running Warehouse may be possibilities.

You can also try 6pm.com and when all else fails, ebay.

DavePNW

You can also try 6pm.com and when all else fails, ebay.

Never heard of 6pm. Checked eBay; a lot of stuff is "pre-owned", and as usual difficult to sift through.

I am thinking for the next round I will just go ahead & update.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Never heard of 6pm. Checked eBay; a lot of stuff is "pre-owned", and as usual difficult to sift through.

I am thinking for the next round I will just go ahead & update.

I think 6pm is an offshoot of Zappos. Their site is odd. I swear the prices change ALL the time, like I'll look to check out a price, leave the site and come back and the same shoes are $15 more.

onemile

I ran 8.  2 of them with the crazy dog because the yard is too muddy for ball.

I understand why they killed Running Times

Yes. Because why publish articles relevant to competitive running, when you can whip out "how to take effective walk breaks in your first HM" and "Guess what's for dinner at the Noob residence? Quinoa AGAIN!"

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Yes. Because why publish articles relevant to competitive running, when you can whip out "how to take effective walk breaks in your first HM" and "Guess what's for dinner at the Noob residence? Quinoa AGAIN!"

Bingo! (I understand it financially)

Face it, the competitive runner market is minuscule compared to the non-competitive.

I'm happy the sport has grown and more widely accepted and practiced. However I'm also highly annoyed at the, "good job, here's your medal, beer, pizza and donut(s) award for completing 3 miles".

I'll avoid my soapbox and leave it at that.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Bingo! (I understand it financially)

Face it, the competitive runner market is minuscule compared to the non-competitive.

I'm happy the sport has grown and more widely accepted and practiced. However I'm also highly annoyed at the, "good job, here's your medal, beer, pizza and donut(s) award for completing 3 miles".

I'll avoid my soapbox and leave it at that.

Would you have a beer with me? 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

GinnyinPA

Hi, Sly, and woah!

I won my office battle so I guess I don't have to quit anymore, sigh.  Hubby found another job, quit his and they told him today to not come back (he gave 30 days notice).  Even better!

If you two were going to quit your jobs, why didn't you look for new ones someplace cooler while you had the chance?