Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 45 times)

DavePNW

No kidding.  Of course I think anything over $5 for lunch is highway robbery.

Eat a lot of Taco Bell, do you?

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My ass hurts.....

But seriously, the left area under my left butt cheek is hurting like the right side was doing back before IMM. Hoping that doing that one stretch helps, along with massaging and foam rolling. Once again it looks like I will be taking a few days off too    this sucks.

Remember other areas could cause this pain. If your ankles are tight when you run you use the hip more and it will get super tight. For me, if that part of my hip hurts I assess my opposite ankle 99% of the time it is the culprit. To assess stand with the foot opposite the painful hip 5 inches from the wall while barefoot (opposite foot behind you ).  Keeping the foot flat can you bend the knee so the knee touches the wall?  If you cannot it may be you need to work on stretching that calf versus the hip.

I spent forever on my hip when the ankle was the problem. As soon as I fixed the ankle the hip pain went away immediately. If it starts to get sore again I know to stretch the crap out of my opposite ankle.

I found this in Sept after a course I went to and I had one of the instructors fully evaluate me afterwards using the whole technique thing we were learning. He found the ankle issue. I'm not kidding as soon as I fixed the ankle the hip stopped giving me problems. Now mine had gotten to where I neede another therapist to manipulate it to restore full motion. But just getting a few degrees back myself before I got the ankle manipulated,t he hip stopped bothering me.

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Get a lacrosse ball!

I had to look that up lol, I am tempted. It definitely looks easier than a stick or even my moji  360.

Pic of moji 360

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Remember other areas could cause this pain. If your ankles are tight when you run you use the hip more and it will get super tight. For me, if that part of my hip hurts I assess my opposite ankle 99% of the time it is the culprit. To assess stand with the foot opposite the painful hip 5 inches from the wall while barefoot (opposite foot behind you ).  Keeping the foot flat can you bend the knee so the knee touches the wall?  If you cannot it may be you need to work on stretching that calf versus the hip.

I spent forever on my hip when the ankle was the problem. As soon as I fixed the ankle the hip pain went away immediately. If it starts to get sore again I know to stretch the crap out of my opposite ankle.

I found this in Sept after a course I went to and I had one of the instructors fully evaluate me afterwards using the whole technique thing we were learning. He found the ankle issue. I'm not kidding as soon as I fixed the ankle the hip stopped giving me problems. Now mine had gotten to where I neede another therapist to manipulate it to restore full motion. But just getting a few degrees back myself before I got the ankle manipulated,t he hip stopped bothering me.

You have a video of that? Is that an ankle stretch?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

I never eat half of anything there!

I know. I screwed up, it won't happen again!

LRB

I had to look that up lol, I am tempted. It definitely looks easier than a stick or even my moji  360.

How do you play lacrosse with that thing?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

0 for me again. This weeks looks cold enough to make me think my timing was pretty good.

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

agree. I spent $17.50 for lunch at Chipotle for DH and I this weekend. We both got vegetarian meals, so free guac.

I never have any problems getting full there and for 6.89 to boot. It's the best deal going unfortunately you cannot eat there everyday.

Little Blue

Eat a lot of Taco Bell, do you?

No, fortunately I am able to eat at home a lot.  Otherwise, I'm often highway robbed.

DavePNW

No, fortunately I am able to eat at home a lot.  Otherwise, I'm often highway robbed.

I bring my lunch into work every day. That saves me some $$.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I never have any problems getting full there and for 6.89 to boot. It's the best deal going unfortunately you cannot eat there everyday.

I try to limit it to every other week. The one closest to my work is a pain to get to.

B-Plus

MA's post is a good reminder for me to work on my hamstrings, hips, and glutes. I've been having a minor knee annoyance, but I'm almost sure its all the tightness in that other junk pulling in things.

An ultra jogger was rescued by SAR on the island:

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/jogger-rescued-on-mountain-near-qualicum-beach-1.1704151

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

How do you play lacrosse with that thing?

That is not the lacrosse ball, that is a moji 360 and the work of my son distracting me while trying to post.

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Here is where it was hurting yesterday

You see where the arrow is pointing, that area is currently sore, but during some or most of the run yesterday that spot and then follow the Bicept Femoris down to the outside of the knee and that is where it would also hurt or feel tight. Right now I can't even really run without feeling the spot where the arrow points, it's is tight and sore and reminds me of it's existence if I run.

As much as I hate the thought, I think another few days of no running will help me, along with stretching and massaging  I am starting to hate my body. During the final week of December, while not running I started back up on squats (with a 15 lb Kbell) and my hyper back extension machine... before that this area wasn't even complaining or anything, even the right side that was giving me issues before the marathon had completely stopped.

PRs

Cyberic

Pulled my groin walking to the sports center to run indoors FFS. Sidewalk was pure ice and going down hill. One of my feet lost its grip and I made an attempt at the split. Not that bad, actually, but it was hurting. When I started running, maybe 10-15 minutes after, it hurt quite a bit for 1/4 mile, then wasn't so bad for another 1/4 mile, and so on. After 2 miles I could barely feel it. I'm hoping it was just that. But tomorrow I'm considering walking on the sidewalks in my spiked (hex screws) running shoes. It would be cold on the feet, but that's not bad. The worse part is walking in buildings in those. I dunno what to do.