Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 45 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Nothing today, unless I get motivated to do some core stuff after putting DS to bed. We were supposed to have martial arts tonight, but he has not be sleeping well (as in, woke up around 1 or so this morning and says he never could fall back asleep), and I am afraid he would have a complete meltdown trying to get through class. So we are staying home and moving dinner up so I try to get him into bed an hour early. The entire week is further complicated by snow on the ground, my still weak knee, DH traveling and temperatures that won't even get above 0* one day this week (windchills could dip to -30*).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Here you go

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v3XjNiT2nME

Where you are hurting is the same spot I get. It can be several things but try this to see if it is the ankle.

so the one you are assessing and bringing the knee to the wall is the side opposite the sore hip. If the right hip the left knee is the one you are bringing to the wall to assess motion in the left foot.

Marjorie

LRB

Pulled my groin walking to the sports center to run indoors FFS. Sidewalk was pure ice and going down hill. One of my feet lost its grip and I made an attempt at the split. Not that bad, actually, but it was hurting. When I started running, maybe 10-15 minutes after, it hurt quite a bit for 1/4 mile, then wasn't so bad for another 1/4 mile, and so on. After 2 miles I could barely feel it. I'm hoping it was just that. But tomorrow I'm considering walking on the sidewalks in my spiked (hex screws) running shoes. It would be cold on the feet, but that's not bad. The worse part is walking in buildings in those. I dunno what to do.

That's the last thing you need with a groin injury.  I'm in the eighth month with mine and while it's much better, it's still nowhere near 100%.

LRB

Nothing today, unless I get motivated to do some core stuff after putting DS to bed. We were supposed to have martial arts tonight, but he has not be sleeping well (as in, woke up around 1 or so this morning and says he never could fall back asleep), and I am afraid he would have a complete meltdown trying to get through class. So we are staying home and moving dinner up so I try to get him into bed an hour early. The entire week is further complicated by snow on the ground, my still weak knee, DH traveling and temperatures that won't even get above 0* one day this week (windchills could dip to -30*).

Have you considered an extended break? Say like two weeks or more of inactivity? I gave my ignorant band five weeks off once simply because I wanted to be absolutely sure and from that point forward never had another problem with it. Just a thought.

B-Plus

I think I'll pick up some brew on the way home to enjoy while watching the world junior final. Yeah, I heard it's a non-event in the US, even in the hockey towns and even when the US is playing.

LRB

I think I'll pick up some brew on the way home to enjoy while watching the world junior final. Yeah, I heard it's a non-event in the US, even in the hockey towns and even when the US is playing.

Drinking brew is a non-event in the US? Not where I live. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Here you go

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v3XjNiT2nME

Where you are hurting is the same spot I get. It can be several things but try this to see if it is the ankle.

so the one you are assessing and bringing the knee to the wall is the side opposite the sore hip. If the right hip the left knee is the one you are bringing to the wall to assess motion in the left foot.

I will attempt that.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pulled my groin walking to the sports center to run indoors FFS. Sidewalk was pure ice and going down hill. One of my feet lost its grip and I made an attempt at the split. Not that bad, actually, but it was hurting. When I started running, maybe 10-15 minutes after, it hurt quite a bit for 1/4 mile, then wasn't so bad for another 1/4 mile, and so on. After 2 miles I could barely feel it. I'm hoping it was just that. But tomorrow I'm considering walking on the sidewalks in my spiked (hex screws) running shoes. It would be cold on the feet, but that's not bad. The worse part is walking in buildings in those. I dunno what to do.

Ouch.  My groin still hurts after 2 weeks.  Hope yours get better soon.

6 horrible miles.  Couldn't breathe in 85F and 70DP today.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

50 minutes on the treadmill. I am going to be staring at my basement wall a lot this week. 

LRB

Ouch.  My groin still hurts after 2 weeks. Hope yours get better soon.

6 horrible miles.  Couldn't breathe in 85F and 70DP today.

I cannot relate to that right now.

LRB

50 minutes on the treadmill. I am going to be staring at my basement wall a lot this week. 

Put a mirror up.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

MarjorieAnn, I did that and the tightness/pain I felt was my left calf..... seriously tight as fuck, and thinking about it, both calves were the first to start getting tight back in December, then the ankles or achilles started acting up, and then just yesterday the issue around my hamstring started up. But it is my left hamstring/butt cheek that hurts  .... my right leg feels completely fine, WTF?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Put a mirror up.

I don't make any changes to the basement aka DH's man cave. He used to have a projector set up so he could watch TV on the mill, but thay was before he put the drop ceiling in that room.

LRB

I don't make any changes to the basement aka DH's man cave. He used to have a projector set up so he could watch TV on the mill, but thay was before he put the drop ceiling in that room.

Get a new DH.

Sike, it's only for a couple months...hopefully!

LRB

Bizarre Foods was one of my all time favorite shows before I became a tree hugging vegetarian. Now I wanna barf if I watch more than five minutes of it.