Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 45 times)

B-Plus

Bizarre Foods was one of my all time favorite shows before I became a tree hugging vegetarian. Now I wanna barf if I watch more than five minutes of it. 

I don't know what that is, but based on your comments I'll assume it's like Epic Mealtime on YouTube.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I cannot relate to that right now.

LOL.  I am still coughing from it! 

My dad is in the air on his way to Miami!

Damaris

LRB

I don't know what that is, but based on your comments I'll assume it's like Epic Mealtime on YouTube.

If it moves, he'll eat it. Sometimes while it's still moving.

LRB

LOL.  I am still coughing from it! 

My dad is in the air on his way to Miami!

Yay, dad!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Get a new DH.

Sike, it's only for a couple months...hopefully!

I'm hoping it is only this week. It usually doesn't stay below freezing in Maryland for long. At least that's what I told myself last year when it snowed through late March.

LRB

I'm hoping it is only this week. It usually doesn't stay below freezing in Maryland for long. At least that's what I told myself last year when it snowed through late March.

Right. Last year at this point we (in Michigan) were in week 6 of winter and unbeknownst to us still had 3 months of it to go!

Worst case this year is we have three months to go but that is unlikely. Again, hopefully.

Half Crazy K 2.0

MarjorieAnn, I did that and the tightness/pain I felt was my left calf..... seriously tight as fuck, and thinking about it, both calves were the first to start getting tight back in December, then the ankles or achilles started acting up, and then just yesterday the issue around my hamstring started up. But it is my left hamstring/butt cheek that hurts  .... my right leg feels completely fine, WTF?

Do you do any core work? I had a pain in my ass/ under my cheek for a long time. I have found i can keep it in check with near daily core work and being mindful about how I sit atcwork.

Hi dailies:

D -  Oh, I'll bet that the gay marriages were *fabulous*.  Good on the Dad visit!

Free - ugh, what a pain in the ass

Cy - stupid ice.  Nothing too bad hopefully.

Step - sweet crap.  Try to stay warm.

B+ - the World Junior final was on the local news here.  I went to a Canada/Russia match when they were here in 2011, but it wasn't the final.

9 on the fast side of easy.  The gym was, predictably, a zoo.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Do you do any core work? I had a pain in my ass/ under my cheek for a long time. I have found i can keep it in check with near daily core work and being mindful about how I sit atcwork.

Normally I do, my favorite one was the plank position but for the past month that would irritate my calf muscles so I haven't been doing it lately, just been keeping up with other core strengthening exercises.

Haha Jay  

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

MarjorieAnn, I did that and the tightness/pain I felt was my left calf..... seriously tight as fuck, and thinking about it, both calves were the first to start getting tight back in December, then the ankles or achilles started acting up, and then just yesterday the issue around my hamstring started up. But it is my left hamstring/butt cheek that hurts  .... my right leg feels completely fine, WTF?

It is usually the opposite side but could be on the same. If the ankle isn't moving correctly the force has to go somewhere and the motion to run has to be made up at the other joints. Add a load of stretch to the calves. It will help. There could be some rotation issues in your spine too. Foam roller to the thoracic spine hurts like a mother but can aide the hip. I have some rotation issue in my back too that contributes a wee bit to my hip but it isn't my main cause.

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It is usually the opposite side but could be on the same. If the ankle isn't moving correctly the force has to go somewhere and the motion to run has to be made up at the other joints. Add a load of stretch to the calves. It will help. There could be some rotation issues in your spine too. Foam roller to the thoracic spine hurts like a mother but can aide the hip. I have some rotation issue in my back too that contributes a wee bit to my hip but it isn't my main cause.

How the heck do I foam roll my spine or back??? I have spent the last hour stretching my calves, each part and it feels better but I am still going to take a few days off from running, hopefully stretching and foam rolling and stuff will help.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Easy to foam roll the back. It is uncomfortable if it is tight.  Here are some to use.

http://youtu.be/SxQkVD0UQNg

But, then no one said foam rolling was fun.

Marjorie

Cyberic

The tournament was/is kind of a non event in Montreal also. We had a few games at the Bell Center and the attendance was low. Not much publicity and I hear the ticket prices were too high.

I think I'll pick up some brew on the way home to enjoy while watching the world junior final. Yeah, I heard it's a non-event in the US, even in the hockey towns and even when the US is playing.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Easy to foam roll the back. It is uncomfortable if it is tight.  Here are some to use.

http://youtu.be/SxQkVD0UQNg

But, then no one said foam rolling was fun.

True, though sometimes I do find some great pleasure in it.

PRs

workinprogress11

So, after 4 1/2 years of running, I thought maybe it was time to attempt some real speed work other than progression runs and MP runs.  Since it was my first time, I ended up doing 6 x 400 intervals at between 5k and 10k pace on the treadmill as it was 2 degrees here with snow.  I didn't hate it and speeding up and slowing down actually made the treadmill suck less.  With warm up and cool down it was a total of 6 miles.