Beginners and Beyond

Cut to The Chase ThursDAILIES (Read 50 times)

From the Internet.

Good grief, woman!  Is it possible for you to train in a plastic bubble?

It would be, if I had an Alter-G! Time to start saving up, I guess.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My right leg is all road rashed up from crossing a street IN THE CROSSWALK. Where you're supposed to walk when crossing a street regardless of the weather. Apparently crosswalk paint is fucking hazardous when it rains. Now it hurts when air touches it and I am not happy.

I knew we were related!  Maybe even twins!

Damaris

onemile

Well fuck. URD. A good time for my first one. The cold or whatever it was, moved from my head into my lungs, giving me a nasty cough, and aggravating my asthma. So I was up half the night having trouble breathing. Currently at a walk-in clinic, since I don't have a doctor here yet. Hope they give me some prednisone or something, and it better work fast. If this is just taper disease, it is no longer amusing. 

Well, shit. 

LRB

My right leg is all road rashed up from crossing a street IN THE CROSSWALK. Where you're supposed to walk when crossing a street regardless of the weather. Apparently crosswalk paint is fucking hazardous when it rains. Now it hurts when air touches it and I am not happy.

That sucks. I have to watch those when on my motorcycle and where I place my feet when stopped at a light.

I'm not even sure that's paint, but rather a big strip of some kind of adhesive that is indeed slippery when wet.

Hopefully it's minor!

LRB

Well fuck. URD. A good time for my first one. The cold or whatever it was, moved from my head into my lungs, giving me a nasty cough, and aggravating my asthma. So I was up half the night having trouble breathing. Currently at a walk-in clinic, since I don't have a doctor here yet. Hope they give me some prednisone or something, and it better work fast. If this is just taper disease, it is no longer amusing. 

IIRC correctly, prednisone compromises one part of the immune system (depends on the type I think), so you'll not want to take it but for a day or two with the big day this weekend.

In any event that beats a busted knee cap any day!

LRB

Good grief, woman!  Is it possible for you to train in a plastic bubble?

She has no problem training, it's the rigors of everday life FFS.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

IIRC correctly, prednisone compromises one part of the immune system (depends on the type I think), so you'll not want to take it but for a day or two with the big day this weekend.

In any event that beats a busted knee cap any day!

No matter what, prednisone is necessary if he cannot breathe and that trumps everything else. And I don't recall reading anything like that. Feel better!

Damaris

From the Internet.

I knew we were related!  Maybe even twins!

We must be!

DavePNW

They are giving me a nebulizertreatment in the office, which usually helps. Doc called in the prednisone. I have not yet broken the news as to my plans this weekend. Not sure if I should, because I can only imagine she is going to laugh and say NFW. She already told me to stay home from work today, and all I do is sit at a desk.

Dave

onemile

They are giving me a nebulizertreatment in the office, which usually helps. Doc called in the prednisone. I have not yet broken the news as to my plans this weekend. Not sure if I should, because I can only imagine she is going to laugh and say NFW. She already told me to stay home from work today, and all I do is sit at a desk.

I would mention it...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mention it and sometimes the asthma clears up faster than you expect. It all depends on how well you react so you never know what he will say!

Damaris

DavePNW

I would mention it...

Yeah, have to work up the nerve, waiting for her to come back in.

Dave

LRB

No matter what, prednisone is necessary if he cannot breathe and that trumps everything else. And I don't recall reading anything like that. Feel better!

Well yeah, if he cannot breathe. Mine was prescribed for a back problem, slight difference there.

onemile

Yeah, have to work up the nerve, waiting for her to come back in.

I wouldn't take it as a final verdict but an opinion to take under consideration.

Baboon

delicate flower

jhfc.  Tell them you need ALL the steroids.  ALL OF THEM.

<3