Beginners and Beyond

Cut to The Chase ThursDAILIES (Read 50 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There is a nice marathon in Wisconsin on Sept 20th. The Fox Cities Marathon.  The weather looks decent and I know a really cool chick who is planning to run the half who would probably buy Dave a beer after.

My coach has run that one and he said it's flat and fast.

Damaris

LRB

My coach has run that one and he said it's flat and fast.

We should all go run it.

onemile

We should all go run it.

LRB

I like it cold. D might need a snowsuit.

DavePNW

That was on the 50 dose.  I assume he is not in that one.  But he should be better in 3-7 days, depending.

I have 10mg tablets, starting at 60mg/day.

Looks like the next one in close driving range is Bellingham Bay Marathon on 9/27, about 1.5 hrs away.

Not sure I am crazy about the elevation profile, but I guess I can't afford to be too picky.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Looks like the next one in close driving range is Bellingham Bay Marathon on 9/27, about 1.5 hrs away.

Not sure I am crazy about the elevation profile, but I guess I can't afford to be too picky.

150' of elevation gain over two miles is more of an incline than a hill.  That's maybe a 2.5% avg grade?  Looks pretty flat to me except for that initial climb, which still isn't too bad.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I like it cold. D might need a snowsuit.

Hello?  I like it cold too.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, 60mg/day should be fine.  I take 50mpg at once but that's when it's absolutely necessary and only once.  You should be fine in 2-3 days indeed.

Damaris

onemile

Uhh, first of all, that is too late. And second of all, what is that at mile 14.7? A mountain?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That would give a great comparison to a Boston time. The profile is very similar, though Boston's hills are a little bigger.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

The 50 foot walls at mile 6 and 24 would destroy me. They go straight up into the air!

DavePNW

Gentle incline:Connecticut::Mountain:Wisconsin.

And my consolation prize today anyway is DW just made a peach raspberry pie.

Dave

LRB

Gentle incline:Connecticut::Mountain:Wisconsin.

And my consolation prize today anyway is DW just made a peach raspberry pie.

Hmm, I was eating mini tarts like they were going out of style last fall. Talk about carb replenishment; that!

DavePNW

The 50 foot walls at mile 6 and 24 would destroy me. They go straight up into the air!

Statement from the website: "some hills but virtually no net elevation change". Pretty meaningless, you could say the same thing about climbing Mt. Everest.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

<3