Beginners and Beyond

Cut to The Chase ThursDAILIES (Read 50 times)

LRB

Statement from the website: "some hills but virtually no net elevation change". Pretty meaningless, you could say the same thing about climbing Mt. Everest.

This is terrible man. I'm holding out hope for this weekend for you.

Cyberic

DavePNW

Resolution needs to be a bit higher on this video so you can actually see the laser beams shooting out of his eyeballs at the end.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Only here long enough to send good health vibes to Dave!

And to say if anyone has ever tried to bike home after a class full of squats and lunges, you understand how my quads feel right now. :jellolegs:

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Mmmmm...beer

Statement from the website: "some hills but virtually no net elevation change". Pretty meaningless, you could say the same thing about climbing Mt. Everest.

That may be the dumbest thing I've heard in a course description.  No net change means absolutely nothing.  One of our local RDs just put on a 100 miler that he called "Death before DNF".  Only two people finished the race.  But it only has 27ft of net elevation change, that's because you go up and then back down two mountains....four times (yes, that's almost 76,000ft of elevation change).

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

That may be the dumbest thing I've heard in a course description.  No net change means absolutely nothing.  One of our local RDs just put on a 100 miler that he called "Death before DNF".  Only two people finished the race.  But it only has 27ft of net elevation change, that's because you go up and then back down two mountains....four times (yes, that's almost 76,000ft of elevation change).

There's a reason the middle of that course looks like a butt crack. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The LA marathon has a net downhill overall. Bullshit.

Damaris

workinprogress11

I was trying to post a picture, but am too dumb to figure out how to use photobucket.  I am really very computer literate otherwise so don't know why I am being so stupid about this.

Dave, I just wanted to say that your situation bites the big one and I hope the prednisone is a miracle drug for you.  If not, though, you will have all of that great training to take into the next one.  That probably doesn't help at this moment, though.

I am still running.  It's just the same ole 30 miles per week or so at whatever speed feels ok that day so I am not posting much.

I do read everything, though.  You guys crack me up.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I have 10mg tablets, starting at 60mg/day.

Looks like the next one in close driving range is Bellingham Bay Marathon on 9/27, about 1.5 hrs away.

Not sure I am crazy about the elevation profile, but I guess I can't afford to be too picky.

It's hard to really read that elevation profile, but it looks like you're gaining around 100' in a little less than a mile.  That's not a massive hill, but it's no blip either.  You're going to feel it.  Gaining another 50' over the next few miles won't be bad at all.

Sorry to hear about your issues, Dave.  I hope your drugs kick in fast.

If you come to Wisconsin to meet onemile, I'll make the drive up to buy you a second beer!

Running is dumb.

DavePNW

It's hard to really read that elevation profile, but it looks like you're gaining around 100' in a little less than a mile.  That's not a massive hill, but it's no blip either.  You're going to feel it.  Gaining another 50' over the next few miles won't be bad at all.

Sorry to hear about your issues, Dave.  I hope your drugs kick in fast.

If you come to Wisconsin to meet onemile, I'll make the drive up to buy you a second beer!

DEAL. Because I know you will bring the NG.

Dave

workinprogress11

Testing...

Nope.

Cyberic

I am still running.  It's just the same ole 30 miles per week or so at whatever speed feels ok that day so I am not posting much.

30 miles per week is a very respectable amount.

You could try to revive the pop tarts topic, or start a brand new trend.

DavePNW

Testing...

Nope.

Copy the URL you posted (from "direct link for layouts" box in tinypic).

Click the image icon at the top of the RA editor box.

Paste the URL in the "source" box.

Click OK.

And 30 mpw is very nice, you can easily jump into a HM off that, and IIRC you've kind of lost interest in marathons anyway.

Dave

workinprogress11

Copy the URL you posted (from "direct link for layouts" box in tinypic).

Click the image icon at the top of the RA editor box.

Paste the URL in the "source" box.

Click OK.

I think I've got it!  Thanks so much.

This is for those bitching about the hot weather. It hardly seems worth the effort now.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Scratch running on the treadmill. No power at home.

DaveP, hope you have some miracle drugs.