Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #234 (Read 25 times)

Is there really no dailies yet?

7 miles.

Rain at some point during the early AM, but none while I ran. Kind of humid though - dew point of 61! LOL it is actually unusual to get >60 here. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran 6 outside this morning. More tonight after Pilates.

Damaris

Cyberic

Ran in the rain this morning. Not hard rain, though. 10.5

sdWhiskers

5 miles, another slog through the rain forest.

30 min pool mix , right quad only moderately grumpy from yesterday, hmm

Cyberic

Montreal has not renewed the contract with Iron Man for its marathon. The city claims it wants a local promoter that will build a great marathon.

Many things work in Montreal. For a long time we were the only North American city with a F1 course, and to many pilots, Montreal is their favorite race.

Many things do not work in Montreal, like any team sport that isn't hockey get.

I hope they manage to do some great marathon here, because it's in my back yard, lol. Time will tell.

delicate flower

I've been back swimming for two months now post-lockdown.  My swim fitness has come back faster and stronger than I expected it to, and from a completely vain and shallow perspective, I am getting some upper body definition back, which is nice.  Anyway, 3000 yards done early this morning.

Looks like I get free entry to the virtual Hartford Marathon/HM/10K/HM for being a title sponsor employee.  That is Oct 8-11.  I need to think about that.  I'm already doing Virtual Boston, and a Virtual 50 Miler (broken into four segments).  I'm kind of hoping I can double dip and get credit for two races from one run.

<3

delicate flower

On a totally different note, I know there aren't a lot of NBA fans in here, but these bubble playoffs have been great.  No worries about lack of intensity with these games with no fans there.  It's a gym atmosphere and the players are going at it like they are trying to kill each other.  It's been great.

<3

Cyberic

On a totally different note, I know there aren't a lot of NBA fans in here, but these bubble playoffs have been great.  No worries about lack of intensity with these games with no fans there.  It's a gym atmosphere and the players are going at it like they are trying to kill each other.  It's been great.

I do not watch NBA, but I'm a fight fan and UFC has been back on for a little while with no audience, and the shows have been great. Just different. No crowd cheering takes something out, but on the other hand we can hear the corners talking to the fighters, the breathing, the grunting, the sound of punches and kicks.

KCRuns

3.6 yesterday and 7 this morning. I’m off today, so my run this morning was unhurried and stress free. I walked and watched the baby ducks playing for a while, that was nice.  Now I’m going for a nice lunch with DH. The goal today is to do nothing that I *need* to do, only what I want whenever I feel like it.

delicate flower

I do not watch NBA, but I'm a fight fan and UFC has been back on for a little while with no audience, and the shows have been great. Just different. No crowd cheering takes something out, but on the other hand we can hear the corners talking to the fighters, the breathing, the grunting, the sound of punches and kicks.

It's cool being able to hear more, but so can the refs in the NBA.  Players are getting called for technical fouls because refs can hear some of the nasty things players say that they normally can't hear because of crowd noise.  lol

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The Heat must not notice a difference without the fans compared to the games they lose. Heat fans tend to leave before the game is over once they see them losing, lol.

Damaris

LRB

3.6 yesterday and 7 this morning. I’m off today, so my run this morning was unhurried and stress free. I walked and watched the baby ducks playing for a while, that was nice.  Now I’m going for a nice lunch with DH. The goal today is to do nothing that I *need* to do, only what I want whenever I feel like it.

#winning

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body strength training. Trying to decide if I want to get a short run in. I need DH to make a decision if we are going up to PA tomorrow.

There was a story on Sports Illustrated about baseball & cursing. Basketball has a 7 second delay, baseball does not.

There was a story on Sports Illustrated about baseball & cursing. Basketball has a 7 second delay, baseball does not.

Turns out they need one for the announcers.

Dave