Beginners and Beyond

Suffering SUNdailies (Read 31 times)

I choose not to suffer in the sun, shuffled 12 at record slow pace, 73 degrees with light fog at 5:11am start, but was still 73 when I finished

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 14 with 5 @ MP.  TM, of course because it was feels like 90F at 6am and heading to 100 as we speak.

Damaris

LRB

I hit the start button on my watch at 8:23 this morning and ran 12 miles, giving me 40 for the week.

After establishing my training base for the past 7 months at 50 miles per week, there was a point a few days ago where my 7 day rolling total was at 24 miles. If all goes as planned, that'll be the last time I see anything like that until race week November. We shall see...

KCRuns

I easy jogged 3 this morning, with some walking, but mostly jogging. Felt pretty good, I think I can start running this week.  It helped that it was 65 at the start with a cool breeze for the first mile or so, but as soon as the wind died, the sun came out and it was instantly hot and humid.

onemile

I hit the start button on my watch at 8:23 this morning and ran 12 miles, giving me 40 for the week.

After establishing my training base for the past 7 months at 50 miles per week, there was a point a few days ago where my 7 day rolling total was at 24 miles. If all goes as planned, that'll be the last time I see anything like that until race week November. We shall see...

Is this the official start of NYCM training?? 

onemile

I ran 10 miles with URP again. It was not bad considering

sdWhiskers

Back in cool, overcast, low humidity CA.

Post vacation LR went great! 13 miles with 2 x 3 mi at MP. Ran flat loops with RP around the lake which had us a bit fast. I basically ran the whole 13 miles around MP but we were chatting the whole time, so not too much effort  methinks.

LRB

Is this the official start of NYCM training?? 

One more week. Help? 😬

onemile

Back in cool, overcast, low humidity CA.

Post vacation LR went great! 13 miles with 2 x 3 mi at MP. Ran flat loops with RP around the lake which had us a bit fast. I basically ran the whole 13 miles around MP but we were chatting the whole time, so not too much effort  methinks.

Methinks you might need to adjust your marathon goal 

LRB

I ran 10 miles with URP again. It was not bad considering

How's RRP's head these days? Is he still convinced he needs to lose all of the weight to achieve his goal?

sdWhiskers

Methinks you might need to adjust your marathon goal 

I ran CIM at 9:37 pace. Sub4 is 9:10 pace. Coach has been giving me a bunch of miles in between. I guess I think of MP as current fitness not goal. Who knows where I'll be in December 

onemile

How's RRP's head these days? Is he still convinced he needs to lose all of the weight to achieve his goal?

I haven't had a chance to talk to him too much, since I haven't run with him since the marathon. Just some texts. He was feeling pretty beat up and wanted to take some down time. He was thinking about running with us yesterday but decided to sleep in (I think he needs a little mental break - he was training so hard for so long. His training cycle for grandma's was like 24 weeks)

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 more awful miles. I started earlier (for me) and it was still not early enough. I was thoroughly soaked 15 minutes in.

DavePNW

5 miles.

Dave

RunningOnSand

5 miles.

How'd it feel today?

Whiskers, that's exciting that you easily hit old MP. It does sound like you've gained some fitness! Big grin

HC, right? Constant battle between sleep & heat. Ugh.

KC, sounds like you're mostly recovered! Bring on the summer running. Smile

I did a workout today and have decided that 1) I need to start running earlier than 11am (even if I am running mostly in the shade), and 2) I need to find a flat route when I do workouts. I did 4x2mi @ GHMP and by the end of the 2nd set I was chilled. Not good in 80* weather. I even drank 45oz on my run (a tad over 2 hours, including warmup & cool down). Anyway, I'm grateful there was improvement, and I am also realizing my iron levels need to be higher, still (I go in for a recheck in a couple weeks--and they should hopefully be higher then, too). Anyway, 13 miles done.