Beginners and Beyond

Black Fridailies! (Read 52 times)

LRB

4.78 miles in 33:44 (7:03 pace).  OA 788/12878, AG 37/588.  Top 6% in both.  I am satisfied.

Congrats!  Will there be a race report, and what is the story behind that distance?

Hi MBC!

Wassup Mitch, enjoy your run later!

FS, have a nice quiet day at work!

Way to keep that streak going Robert!  Remember that rest and recovery are really important during this time.  Try not to otherwise spread yourself too thin over the next month.

Hope you heal up quick Step!

Hi Blue, have things settled down with the ladies in the coop?  That 5 mile trot should allow you to gobble up the gourmet stuff till your heart is content.  Enjoy!

As for me, I had a 2 hour core, strength and stretching session.  It was by far my longest ever, and I am feeling so bendy right about now that you could tie me into a pretzel, squeeze mustard and cheese on me, and then I could go be a human billboard at the mall!  Cool

StepbyStep-SH

Ribs?  What's up with that?

I take a martial arts class with my son, and there are some other adults in the class as well. Wednesday night we were working on judo-style groundwork - take-downs, holds and escapes - and I was partnered with a guy about my height but 70 lbs heavier and built like a brick. On one of the holds, his side came down onto my ribcage a bit harder than he intended to and I have a feeling it pulled ligaments where my ribs attach to the breastbone. I really hope it didn't crack anything.

This is the hold:

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

...I was partnered with a guy about my height but 70 lbs heavier and built like a brick. 

Ah yes, I remember that.  I wanted to press charges.  lol

If it hurts when you cough or breathe deeply, you may want an xray if it does not go away in a day or two.

delicate flower

Congrats!  Will there be a race report, and what is the story behind that distance?

No race report.  I didn't really feel the preparation or effort I put into the race made it worthy of a report.  My log is open if you wanted to view the nitty gritty.  The distance is just the distance of the loop.  They've been running the race for 77 years so I guess they figure there is no need to change it now.  Big grin

<3

DavePNW

The Black Friday deal of the day; a Garmin 610 for $219.00 right now on Amazon.  (link)  That bad boy normally sells for $350.00!

Wow that is amazing deal. Sounds about like what they did last year for the 410, just prior to discontinuing it.

Dave

DavePNW

I take a martial arts class with my son, and there are some other adults in the class as well. Wednesday night we were working on judo-style groundwork - take-downs, holds and escapes - and I was partnered with a guy about my height but 70 lbs heavier and built like a brick. On one of the holds, his side came down onto my ribcage a bit harder than he intended to and I have a feeling it pulled ligaments where my ribs attach to the breastbone. I really hope it didn't crack anything.

Oh. I just assumed it was an eating-induced injury you incurred yesterday.

Dave

delicate flower

You should have punched him in the jimmy.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  (for 3 more minutes!)  I woke up at 10am.  Took today off.  T25 and 5 miles with strides tonight.

Nice picture, Phil.  Congrats on the race.

Damaris

LRB

Wow that is amazing deal. Sounds about like what they did last year for the 410, just prior to discontinuing it.

Yep.  I did not buy it today (mostly because I have spent a mint on running gear the past two weeks), but if it is still going at that rate next weekend, I will gobble one up.

I bought the 410 last year on Black Friday (or that weekend), and would put that on Ebay to offset the cost of the 610.

DavePNW

Yep.  I did not buy it today (mostly because I have spent a mint on running gear the past two weeks), but if it is still going at that rate next weekend, I will gobble one up.

I bought the 410 last year on Black Friday (or that weekend), and would put that on Ebay to offset the cost of the 610.

My 210 was an Xmas gift last year, my first watch. The 610 was the one I really wanted, but couldn't justify the cost. Now of course I can't justify getting another new one. I could go with your method, but I'm also not sure I want to learn how to use a new one. Speaking of being old.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have enough Garmins to have a running team, so I'll refrain from looking.  I have the 610 and used to love it but the touch screen does not work very well in Miami humidity because the Garmin spends most of the time soaked.

Damaris

LRB

I could go with your method, but I'm also not sure I want to learn how to use a new one. Speaking of being old.

I do a lot of whacky workouts and have heard that the 610 is simpler to operate than the 410.  Of course the 410 was not hard to operate, you just had to get used to it.  I bought a 210 for a friend and figured it out without ever opening the instructions.

D, if you decide to sell that thing let me know.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Baboon: That looks COLD!

LRB: That feels good, doesn't it? All bendy and loose.

Hi everyone else.

Today is the kind of day that, two years ago, would have defeated me. It is cold, windy, and rainy. Just a crap day. I dragged myself out of bed and did my frickin' 5 miles with 6x100 strides and was happy about it! Two years ago I would have looked outside and gone back to bed and not run again for months. Excuses, excuses... With a week to go for my marathon there is NO WAY I am going to start missing workouts. SRD tomorrow and 12 on Sunday. COME ON!!! LET'S DO THIS!!!  (That's me getting psyched). Smile

LRB

Hi Dailies.

You are trending in the right direction!  What is the elevation profile of that event?  I seem to remember you always racing up the sides of mountains for some reason.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

You are trending in the right direction!  What is the elevation profile of that event?  I seem to remember you always racing up the sides of mountains for some reason.

It is a downhill course. I have run some hilly races in the past, but this time I will be racing down!