Beginners and Beyond

Black Fridailies! (Read 52 times)

LRB

It is a downhill course. I have run some hilly races in the past, but this time I will be racing down!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

LRB: ??  It will be fine.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Careful with net downhill courses.  LA had one of those and it was fucking hilly.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Docket: I've seen the profile and it looks ok. Two small uphills is all, but yes, I will be careful .

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You can never have enough coffee...... and I need more.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Docket: I've seen the profile and it looks ok. Two small uphills is all, but yes, I will be careful .

Oh, is Tucson.  I don't think you need to worry much about AZ.  For some reason, I keep thinking you will be running in CA.

Damaris

LRB

Jack, that was a warning to the course!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Nothing today. Trying to not over do it

Marjorie

Pinktastic

Good to see that everyone survived their Thanksgiving feasts!   I had lunch with the in-laws yesterday and then went to my parents' house to get theirs ready for a dinner-time showdown.   And, now I'm done eating turkey for the year.

30 minutes on the spin bike yesterday morning.   4.76 miles on the TM this afternoon - no where near as speedily as Phil ran his race yesterday.

Have a Pinksational rest of the day!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jack, that was a warning to the course!

LMAO!!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I don't do the Black Friday thing. I don't like crowded stores, and the idea of waking up early and waiting in line to shop is beyond my comprehension. I did the opposite, I slept late and laid on the couch all day watching TV. I needed a day off-off. No work, no housework, no socializing, no errands, no NOTHING lol. And no running either. SRD today. Raced yesterday, racing tomorrow!!! Unsure how to approach my race tomorrow. I think I'm just gonna start running as fast as I can and see what happens??

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Warning: Mood dropping news to follow -

This is why I have never and will never shop on this heartless day

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.334059

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

I got my 610 last year in a black friday sale for $299 with HRM and it's been a great watch.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Very active Thanksgiving weekend for me!

Wednesday morning:  my back procedures for my spinal arthritis.

Wednesday night:  Turkey Day party at a friend's house...sausages, turkeys, all kinds of pastries and breads and desserts - including these GREAT brownies made with a touch of peppermint in them, I had 3 - , beer and wine, sodas, water, juices, etc...probably not exactly a smart way to eat the night before my Turkey Trot 5K, but what the heck, it was fun.

Thursday:  My Turkey Trot.  Report and photos here:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/aab2c0f9364e4da68d7b4dd0e7ff834a/resume#focus

Friday:  Packet Pickup for my next 5K on Saturday, November 30

Saturday:  Marine Corps Toys for Tots 5K and then the final season game for our university football team.  And pick up my packet for my Sunday 5K.

Sunday:  Santa Antonio 5K in which the majority of folks will be running in Santa Suits.  Not me, I hate those darn suits cuz they are WOOL and I sweat so much when I run, the suit makes me itch like crazy.   So I will be taking the photos.   Because I am doing a report for them, the organizers comped me the entry fee, nice!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

DavePNW

Warning: Mood dropping news to follow -

This is why I have never and will never shop on this heartless day

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.334059

Is anyone surprised? This happens every year.

I will never shop on this day, but not because I find it heartless to do so, but because I don't want to get trampled to death.

Dave