Beginners and Beyond

Black Fridailies! (Read 52 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I ignored Black Friday...it is way too crazy out there!  I followed your lead, Step, and slept in!   Dang, sorry about the ribs...did you fall or something?  If it's not a crack, get checked for costochondritis, it is a small inflammation of the rib cage and can make the rib area very uncomfortable.  I had that a while back and because mine was in the ribs near my heart, I initially thought I was having a heart problem, which was scary.  Costochondritis can take a while to heal, but it is an easy fix, usually healed with anti-inflammatories.  Good luck!

Congrats on your race, Baboon and MBC!  Dang, that sounds cold...and it looks it too in your photo!  Wow, 13,000 braving that weather, impressive!  Especially to a cold-weather wimp like me!  Baboon, you need to get some of those 'windstopper briefs", they protect the berries in cold weather.

Robert, are you chopping your own holiday tree?  Big grin

lol, LRB, your daughter didn't know who Jethro was...we are aging ourselves, knowing all these old TV show folks!  Congrats on your workout,  you are really killin' with your comeback!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

DavePNW

Sunday:  Santa Antonio 5K in which the majority of folks will be running in Santa Suits.  Not me, I hate those darn suits cuz they are WOOL and I sweat so much when I run, the suit makes me itch like crazy.   So I will be taking the photos.   Because I am doing a report for them, the organizers comped me the entry fee, nice!

If the suits were actually wool, you'd probably be in good shape. I love the SmartWool stuff. But they are probably made of some kind of non-breathing, non-wicking polyester material, that traps all the sweat inside. Makes you wonder how Santa does it every year.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope your strides, etc, went well, Damaris.  From watching the weather channel, I think your fair city is the only place in the country that has temps over 70 degrees right now!  Lucky you, huh?  Joking

Good luck with your SRD and the 12 on Sunday, Jack!  Umm, what is 'cold' for you out there?  Sounds like you're getting the weather San Antonio had this past weekend.

I'll keep that in mind for you, FreeSoul...if we are ever at a race together and there is free coffee, I will give you mine...I can't stand the stuff.   Wow, that is one crazy story about that Walmart tragedy,  FreeSoul..and very sad, too.

Hope you enjoyed your nothing day, Marjorie!

Way to go on your workouts, Sarah!  How is your foot and everything else holding up?

I wish they were SmartWool, Dave!  But nope, just those plain ole wool suits like you find in costume shops, etc.  VERY itchy.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

I will never shop on this day, but not because I find it heartless to do so, but because I don't want to get trampled to death.

I am usually out of funds from shopping online at runningwarehouse.  Tongue

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Exactly why I won't go out there and shop, I don't want to get hurt for some stupid item and I feel it is helping the heartless corporations that put on these stupid sales.

Is anyone surprised? This happens every year.

I will never shop on this day, but not because I find it heartless to do so, but because I don't want to get trampled to death.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am grounded from buying any more running gear for the rest of this year and possibly most of next year Big grin

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

I am grounded from buying any more running gear for the rest of this year and possibly most of next year Big grin

Isn't it awesome?!  It can also be a revolving door though, I have returned just as much crap as I have kept for various reasons.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't usually shop anywhere but online normally, imagine my desire to go out on a Black Friday...none.

LRB, if I decide to sell it, I'll let you know.  The bracelet broke and I had to buy the velcro one; another thing I didn't like about that watch.  I also have the 910 but I don't want to part with that one, as I love it too much.

6 X 100m and I was flying.  Loved it.

Damaris

DavePNW

Hope you saved yourself some money to buy some mittens!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Scotty, that is our cold front.  75F  Yipee!  FFS.

The marathon high is 76F and that is in middle FLorida.  I cannot imagine how hot it will be down here this weekend and I'm glad I won't be running here.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Don't forget it's Cyber Monday!  Leave some $ for then!

And apropos.  This is Miami:

Damaris

LRB

Hope you saved yourself some money to buy some mittens!

An astute observation from you sir!  I decided on this pair from Saucony, but since the five day forecast is no lower that the mid 20's, I will wait a few days to give the UPS guy a break, and my bank account!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sadly, I've got quite a few things I should return........ but I lost the receipts Sad I have a few capris that just don't fit right, that is the bad part about having a toddler with you when shopping for clothes - you can't try anything on before buying.

PRs

LRB

Scotty, that is our cold front.  75F  Yipee!  FFS.

Perspective is a mofo.  When choosing my permanent place to relocate to should I win the lottery, if there is no period of the year where the temps drop to the 40's, the deal is off.  Hmph.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This is bullshit!!! I bought 5 pairs of these shorts for $50 each over the spring and summer and now they're on sale for $29.77!!!! Somebody slap me!

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/Nike_Womens_2_SW_Rival_Short/descpage-NW2RSHO.html

PRs