Beginners and Beyond

Fun news about Mike Rossi, Boston Marathon viral dad and (likely) BQ cheater (Read 168 times)

Ric-G

Almost midnight as I read this recovering from my back issues...smiling and laughing at this crap...this guy's a pisser and deserves this misery...man, but it is fun to read...

The running peeps are on his ass like maggots on a carcass. lol

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

He posted in our FB group.  Contradicting himself all the way.  He still has not provided GPS data (he claims he had no GPS - contrary to the picture), that he uses a GPS but not for races - contrary to the picture) and a bunch of other stuff.  The offer to add you to the group is still on.

Damaris

DavePNW

Nah, 40 is plenty if the natural ability is there

And if it is not, I can verify that even 70 will not get you there. 

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

The funniest thing about this, to me, is that if he hadn't been a total ass about it in publicizing the principal's DOING HER JOB... nobody would have known, and he would have gotten away with it.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Baboon

delicate flower

I'm too lazy now to go check on the letsrun thread and I am starting to lose interest.  Any updates?  I figure the guy's been pretty thoroughly shamed, is looking at a DQ in that 3:11 marathon, and his google name search is forever LOLZ'd.

<3

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Um yup.

Social media, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

The difficulty level of foot + mouth insertion has decreased and you don't just do it in front of your acquaintances anymore!

The funniest thing about this, to me, is that if he hadn't been a total ass about it in publicizing the principal's DOING HER JOB... nobody would have known, and he would have gotten away with it.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

bluerun: Exactly!

bluesky: I've run 3:18 in my 4th year of running peaking at 35 mpw. It's possible but uncommon. Of course, I have GPS data to prove it 

D: Thanks but no thanks. There's already someone from the FB group posting updates on LetsRun thread. Enough for me.

As an aside, I ran 6 miles last night at Mike Rossi's marathon pace. It wasn't hard but it wasn't a walk in the park either. I am not a 3:11 marathoner and likely will never be. To claim you can run that in a marathon, and then be happy with a 1:43 half is just ridiculous.

StepbyStep-SH

He posted in our FB group.  Contradicting himself all the way.  He still has not provided GPS data (he claims he had no GPS - contrary to the picture), that he uses a GPS but not for races - contrary to the picture) and a bunch of other stuff.  The offer to add you to the group is still on.

This would trip me up - I use a GPS watch, but have been too lazy to download the software/upload my workouts and find a workaround for my old Mac. I just input the pertinent data that I want to keep by hand into my online log.

Still, everything else paints a pretty obvious picture.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

nothing new really. Some interest from local media outlets, that's all. Lehigh will likely DQ, not sure about Boston. There's a good summary spreadsheet with links to all evidence:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s0f2sI8FvoD4nFriEngQQXhwBqYbVLq0V5VjI2ARRp4/edit#gid=0

I'm too lazy now to go check on the letsrun thread and I am starting to lose interest.  Any updates?  I figure the guy's been pretty thoroughly shamed, is looking at a DQ in that 3:11 marathon, and his google name search is forever LOLZ'd.

Toronto is right, really nothing new.

It is crazy how quickly those guys have put together a spreadsheet with every runner and every *photo documented. To me this is the most damning thing for Rossi. Every other single runner has been identified in at least one photo somewhere on the course. The only photo showing Rossi is the one at the finish.

* Among other things. These guys make the NSA look like amateurs.

Hip Redux

Someone made a google spreadsheet?  Ok, folks, time to move on already.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Someone made a google spreadsheet?  Ok, folks, time to move on already.

No shit.

Wow, unless that is someones job, that is a shitload of time spent collecting and documenting.

As it is, I think I have spent too much time on the guy and it has just been reading the original viral letter and this thread.

tracilynn

I wonder what the principal thinks of all this? 

~~~~~~~

Traci

LRB

I wonder what the principal thinks of all this? 

Karma, it can be a bitch. That will probably be a class lesson. lol

Wow, unless that is someones job, that is a shitload of time spent collecting and documenting.

I understand the sentiment of how crazy this seems but really it didn't take long for those guys. There were multiple people looking at the photos and there were only ~1100 runners.