Beginners and Beyond

The First DAILIES of 2015 (Read 48 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

IMM has/had a discount registration price for the first 1,000 registrants (calling it Monumental Resolution) registration opened at midnight and those spots sold out like 2 hours ago...wow, I of course registered at 11:30 pm last night ( Indy is an hour ahead of us).

The discounted spots for races down here go out in 5 minutes.  I sometimes fail to get a discount signing up withon two minutes of the blitz opening. I blame the computer at work.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Success. I did 2.22 miles of walk/run intervals, the first mile with DS. The knee did hurt some, and now (2 hours later) is getting a bit achy, but it felt stronger and less vulnerable than it has.

Oski - I haven't seen anyone yet. With it happening right around the holidays, I didn't feel like stressing about trying to get in. Instead, I have my annual appointment anyway in two weeks, and will talk to my primary care about a referral then. My primary is a PA who is a former runner and mountain biker, and she is very supportive and understanding about my running, so I trust her to refer me to someone who will help me get back where I want to be. Not all of the family docs in our clinic would likely have the same motivation, so I am willing to wait a little longer to see her.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Little Blue

Hey, guys, I think I'm gonna follow George's lead and jump in here.  I read the dailies almost every day, so this seems like a good time to join in the fun.

4 miles easy, plus 4 miles walking with my friend to start off the year.  Sunny and clear, 50 degrees.  So far I've run every day this year!

DaveP MI, excellent 8.1.

Rick, great workout.

Jack K., nice nine.

Marjorie, brava on the 10.2.

Phil, wonderful 3.7.

PleasantRidge, feel better soon.

Shari, yay for being able to do 2.22! I hope that things continue to improve.

FML. My body just realized that I'm fasting. All of a sudden, about two minutes ago, I began to feel tired and cranky. In a hair under two hours, I'll be able to have some water and an S! Cap.

I'm not doing anything on the TM. No way.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'll follow along too. 7 easy miles. I didn't run the last 3 days due to vacation. Sitting in a tin can for a total of 9.5 hours with 170 of my closest friends plus loads of walking meant my legs felt tight today.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The discounted spots for races down here go out in 5 minutes.  I sometimes fail to get a discount signing up withon two minutes of the blitz opening. I blame the computer at work.

Damn.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

The resolutioners are crowding the dailies just like the gym! Plenty of space here, no waiting in line to post...keep coming!

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did my first race of 2015 this morning at 10 a.m. - The Cobweb Chaser 5K.  Will post the report and photos tomorrow, I am watching the Bowl games today.    My finish time for the 5K was 33:33...maybe that means I will have a nice, even year for 2015.    It is a bit cold here for we South Texans, we are not even going to make it out of the 30s until late Friday afternoon sometime! And this steady drizzling rain does not help much either.  At least, thankfully, there is no wind right now.  There was a bit of a wind for my 5K..the temp at start time was 37 with a 'feels like' temp of 32.  And only 3 days ago, on Monday we were in the 70s, sheesh.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Little Blue

The resolutioners are crowding the dailies just like the gym! Plenty of space here, no waiting in line to post...keep coming!

Who you callin' a resolutioner?   I prefer the title of lurker.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The gym across the street from our house is full and open.  I am sure there are a lot of new people there that will sign up and not come back after February.

Damaris

B-Plus

I'll get out for some miles in a bit. Woke up really late.

DavePNW

Way to go, Sparty!

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Way to go, Sparty!

Darn Baylor....can't believe they blew a 21 point lead..and then couldn't hold the Spartans for 4 downs in the last 28 seconds....good lord...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Let me extend a heartfelt what up doe to the newcomers. You were always welcomed.  

LRB

I am now heading to the movies for my second attempt this week at seeing Into the Woods, as I never made it there Sunday.

Three words for that; stink, stank, stunk!