Beginners and Beyond

The First DAILIES of 2015 (Read 48 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Darn Baylor....can't believe they blew a 21 point lead..and then couldn't hold the Spartans for 4 downs in the last 28 seconds....good lord...

I was sorta watching the game & then went to the grocery store, I was surprised when I got in the car and it was a close. I thought Baylor was trying to make a statement about being left out of the playoffs like TCU did yesterday.

onemile

I ran 8 miles.  After the first 7 I stopped home and picked up Bruno to give running with him a try.  He was amazingly good for his first run.  He ran right by my side, no pulling and he seemed to enjoy it.  I just kept it to a mile with him but he seemed like he could have easily done more. I think he's going to make a great running partner.  And the bonus is he is pretty intimidating looking so I think that will be nice when I'm running alone in the dark.

DavePNW

I ran 8 miles.  After the first 7 I stopped home and picked up Bruno to give running with him a try.  He was amazingly good for his first run.  He ran right by my side, no pulling and he seemed to enjoy it.  I just kept it to a mile with him but he seemed like he could have easily done more. I think he's going to make a great running partner.  And the bonus is he is pretty intimidating looking so I think that will be nice when I'm running alone in the dark.

It's always funny to me when I am running in the dark with my headlamp, and come up on someone running towards me with a dog. In the dark all I can see is the runner's headlamp, and then two small lights about a couple feet off the ground - the dog's eyes reflecting off my headlamp.

Dave

DavePNW

Darn Baylor....can't believe they blew a 21 point lead..and then couldn't hold the Spartans for 4 downs in the last 28 seconds....good lord...

Big Ten needed that one, they usually stink it up this time of year. Just checked and they are now 4-4 in bowl games, with (at least) 2 left. I don't give Ohio State much hope against Alabama tonight.

Dave

Buelligan

I've run every day this year so far.  2015 is already better than 2014.

18.1 with 9.5 at GMP.  There's no way that that would have been possible out on the snow-slicked, freezing, windy roads.  I'll try not to get too annoyed with the temporary hoopla at the Y -- the folks who sign up and disappear are helping to pay for me to run on nice new treadmills.

Afterwards I went for sushi and then to finally see Mockingjay.  Much better than Catching Fire, which I thought was weak and too far-straying from the books other than the arena scenes.

LRB

I've run every day this year so far.  2015 is already better than 2014.

lol

LRB

18.1 with 9.5 at GMP.  There's no way that that would have been possible out on the snow-slicked, freezing, windy roads.  I'll try not to get too annoyed with the temporary hoopla at the Y -- the folks who sign up and disappear are helping to pay for me to run on nice new treadmills.

It was a bit annoying but I didn't really mind the suddenly jam packed gym during January back when I was in that scene. The new members brushing their teeth while standing at the mirror butt ass naked though was another story. lol

Also!  Googling lyrics successfully found  my current favorite track of the Precor "high intensity dance" OnDemand.   Goes to 11 for this, literally Wink.  (And people are probably thinking "Is that nutcase dancing on the TM at that speed?  He's going to fall off and kill himself.")

DavePNW

It was a bit annoying but I didn't really mind the suddenly jam packed gym during January back when I was in that scene. The new members brushing their teeth while standing at the mirror butt ass naked though was another story. lol

Those are not the new members, those are the old dudes who have always been there.

Dave

LRB

Those are not the new members, those are the old dudes who have always been there.

Including the 70 something year old mayor of a town I once worked in.  

Cyberic

There's an old man, 88 years old, at the gym where I run on the indoor track. He has worked out in that gym for a long time, but now he just comes in and has a shower every dayt and eats lunch afterwards in the locker room. He does get dressed first though. He does not eat butt nacked.

I've had a bit to drink, that is my excuse for talking about an old man who comes to shower every day. Ok, off for some more of that good stuff Big grin

Brushing their teeth would be...jiggly.  *Shudder*.

One of the new olds asked if I was going to watch my diet for the New Year.  "Uhhh... sure?" was not the answer he was looking for, and he elucidated on how pounds aren't lost in the gym, but in the kitchen.

He seemed well-intentioned, (but d00d, do I look fat to you??) so I cheerfully said something about less beer and pizza rather than mentioning that I had just burned 2000 calories and was in a hurry to replace all of them.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Three words for that; stink, stank, stunk! 

Good to know!

12.12 miles, including 2 with hubby.

Damaris

LRB

Good to know!

It's highly rated though so you might like it. They sing during 90% of it so it's basically a musical, which is not my cup of tea.