Beginners and Beyond

Procrastinating Saturdailies (Read 28 times)

Cyberic

10K in 46:49. About 30 seconds off my PR. Bleh. I felt good the first couple miles but just couldn't speed up and felt like I was going faster than my legs were going. It was about 50 at the start and close to 70 at the finish so not sure if that played a factor. Did a 3 mile warm up and 1.25 cool down for a little over 10 miles

Not really PR conditions, especially in the Spring. Congrats on your race.

onemile

I ran a 1:36 half. Sorry for the embarrassment Baboon.

1st woman but all I got was a dumb plaque. Apparently the Easter basket was last year's award.

No more marathons

Tailwinds to onemile and Dave.

Another long run (for me) in the books.  That gives me 12 runs over 11 miles so far this year compared to just 2 last year.

This one was 13.1 miles, and the last mile was the finish for next months HM.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

1st woman but all I got was a dumb plaque. Apparently the Easter basket was last year's award.

WooHoo   

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

WooHoo

My car says it's 81 out now lol

But I think it was more like 68 at the start and 74 at the finish. Full sun and 25-28mph wind gusts. Totally miserable.

DavePNW

crap

Speaking of, I show up at packet pickup and there's talk about big hills. So I think any time goal may be out the window. So will just be shooting for AG placing. Being a brewery, they are of course giving away beer mugs for AG awards. Which would piss off DW because she's sick of all the extra glassware. There was a guy at registration wearing a shirt from some 15k they do around here; someone was asking him about it, and he starts talking smack about how awesome he is being a 50+ year old guy running a 1:15. Heh. I wanted to just pat him on the head, but I decided to keep quiet & let the race do the talking.

Dave

LRB

That's funny - Sorry!

DavePNW

I ran a 1:36 half. Sorry for the embarrassment Baboon, 1st woman but all I got was a dumb plaque. Apparently the Easter basket was last year's award.

WTF? 

A win is a win! Nice job racing in the shit! I would take a plaque over an Easter basket. I have one plaque & it's my favorite piece of swag.

Dave

onemile

WTF? 

A win is a win! Nice job racing in the shit! I would take a plaque over an Easter basket. I have one plaque & it's my favoritepiece of swag.

The Easter basket was supposed to contain a free pair of skechers shoes.  I like useful prizes

onemile

I did get a pair of Nike tempo running shorts complete with a  $30 price tag attached in lieu of a race shirt. Kinda cool

DavePNW

The Easter basket was supposed to contain a free pair of skechers shoes.  I like useful prizes

Oh. I was just thinking candy. Although that's also useful. Free shorts are good!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats on being 1st woman, onemile!  Tough conditions, sounds like.

Damaris

DavePNW

This is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever done. And I've done a lot of stupid things. It was not a race, it was a damn mountain climbing expedition. I am not even going to report my time, you'll have to check my log, and in doing so I insist you view the course elevation. Anyway, 1st AG, 4th M, 6th OA, because there weren't that many people dumb enough to run this.

Oh, and shoes were OK, but probably could've used crampons attached to them FFS.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

10K in 46:49. About 30 seconds off my PR. Bleh. 

Nice job, shorti!

Sorry for the embarrassment Baboon.

1st woman 

Does not compute.  Congratulations on ANOTHER race win!  And a HM no less.

This is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever done. And I've done a lot of stupid things. It was not a race, it was a damn mountain climbing expedition. 

I saw your Strava before I saw this post and I thought "FTS."  Nice job on the placement though!

<3

onemile

This is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever done. And I've done a lot of stupid things. It was not a race, it was a damn mountain climbing expedition. I am not even going to report my time, you'll have to check my log, and in doing so I insist you view the course elevation. Anyway, 1st AG, 4th M, 6th OA, because there weren't that many people dumb enough to run this.

Oh, and shoes were OK, but probably could've used crampons attached to them FFS.

lol that was exactly why I won. who puts out race effort at a race that is nearly 70 degrees and sunny at the start + stupid winds.

And I have never before had this happen but I got a big blister on my big toe wearing the Adios today. Otherwise they were fine for the distance.