Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins Have Cake! (Read 16 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Today you can have your cake and eat it too!

It's National Cake Day

PADRunner

Morning Penguins! 6 done this morning.

Probable a half day at work today and grocery's. Need to get some CAKE!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  You got me at cake!

Pilates and heavy weights tonight.  Maybe a run to and from Pilates since we are being let go early so I might have time to do that.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Half day for me as well (like every day).  I'll save the cake for tomorrow.  Short run outside after work. Enjoy Thanksgiving Eve.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Rest day for me before I start the holiday streak. Currently on the train down to my parents for thanksgiving. My subway wasn't working this morning so dh and I had to walk 15 minutes in the pouring rain with all of our bags, a pecan pie, and a very unhappy and wet  dog.

Happy thanksgiving eve everyone!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

hog4life

sap, that doesn't sound too pleasant of a walk.

Hopefully I'll run after work tonight, I've been slacking the last two days. I signed up for a couple more trail races, 15k on 1/10, then a 25k on 3/28.

From the Internet.

Was going to rest before the holiday streak but I opted to go out and run a mile to get it started early - tomorrow will be day 10 instead of day 1. Keeping my schedule roughly the same but running a single mile instead of taking a total rest day should make it sustainable, I hope!

Zelanie

I am making cake today, perfect!  It was my dad's birthday last week, so my sister and I are making a chocolate and salted caramel cake for him today.  She is also a baker, so this should be fun.

I had a fantastic run yesterday.  After struggling so much last week, I really needed it.  It was gorgeous here, upper 70s and dry.  My parents live by two parks.  One has a manmade lake, lots of birds, and families with kids feeding ducks.  The other is a nice big city park with water and bathrooms.  And, there's a path that connects the two.  It was just lovely out, so I ran 8 instead of my planned 6.  I would like to run 6 today between cake making steps if I can, although it's supposed to be almost 90.

Tomorrow my sister and I are running a turkey trot, although I'm hoping racing has nothing to do with it.

PAD- Hope the half day goes quickly!

D- Good luck at Pilates!

Jerry- Enjoy the run.

sapf- That sounds terrible!  Hopefully the rest of your trip goes much more smoothly.

Mitch- You are a racing machine!

Lauren- Good luck on the streak!  I have never wanted to do one in the past, but it does sound like a good way to beat the blerch.  The hardest part for me sometimes is just getting myself out the door.  If I have to run at least a mile for the streak, that part would be done.  But we will see.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Z: sounds like a good time down there.

Jerry: every day is a half day? Do you guys have any job openings?

D: enjoy the Pilates and weights.

PAD: how is the tm treating you?

sapf: good luck on the streak!

Hog: good stuff. Be sure to run lots of trails in training.

Lauren: you will do fine on the streak. Just go for it.

As for me, I just ran 6.3 miles in 27 degrees. Compared to 19 the other day I almost felt hot. I still never felt fully warmed up. Coffee time and then it's mre hiking in Zion.

Zelanie

Jack- Sounds like a great trip!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zel: we put a bunch of pictures on FB.

GinnyinPA

PAD - what kind of cake?  We usually do pie for Thanksgiving, unless my DIL makes a pumpkin pudding cake.  We've already eaten a whole pumpkin pie this week.  It was on sale on Sunday, and I couldn't resist.

D - I hope you get a preworkout run today.  Have fun at class.

Jerry - I hope you get an outdoor run today.

sapf - have a good Thanksgiving.  Sorry you had to walk in the rain.

Mitch - I hope you get a run later.

Lauren - good job getting the streak started early.

Z - I have good memories of San Diego.  When the smog isn't bad, it's a pretty place to visit.  Those parks sound great for running.

Jack - you're doing well running despite the cold and the hikes. Are your wife and daughters running with you?

AFM:  about 2 inches of snow so far - fat wet sloppy flakes since it's warmish (33).  We're now expecting 4-8 inches. I probably won't do the Turkey Trot tomorrow, so we'll have more time to shovel and travel south to the family dinner, which means my holiday streak will end up starting a day late.  I was looking forward to that race.  I'll probably do a few miles on the TM later.  The streets are very slippery.

PADRunner

Jack - So far so good with the TM really smooth. I haven't subscribed to iFit yet. I want to get a TV setup with Chromcast and send my workout to it to watch, should be a nice diversion when running. Run around Central Park, Paris or anywhere.

I haven't had to use it for my last 3 runs but it will be nice to have the option when needed.

tracilynn

Wet sloppy fat snowflakes sounds fun and pretty!

Turkey trot for me tomorrow. I've decided to run the first 2 miles really slow like 11mm + and then try to run the last mile at 9:30 and see how many people I can pass.   My kids are doing the fun run afterwards. Then Tgiving at my sisters and she cooks REAL good. Mmmm

~~~~~~~

Traci

Robert31320

Team TJ

I got 3 miles at the park on my way home from work, early.

Running for TJ because he can't.