Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAILIES (Read 40 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  18 miles with 3 X 3 @ MP done.  This was a fun workout!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Who said 'donut'?  Dang, I haven't had one in forever, but that sounds good!

Hey Freesoul, I've been trying to remember what kind of dog is Rocky?  I think this entered my mind through a random train of thought:  female running safely >> protection on trail >> dog >> Freesoul and Rocky >> ?

Massage guy just emailed that he can see me first thing tomorrow.  YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Meanwhile I'm going to sit here and annoy yous guys all day.

Lol, sadly I honestly don't know if Rocky is much protection, at least compared to my ole girl Molly (miss her so much). Rocky is part Heeler (Cattledog) and Lab. He looks slightly intimidating from afar but the moment anybody makes eye contact or a says something to him, his whole body goes into spaztic like wags, it's sad really lol. But he is only 5 years old, and I am sure a few more years and maturing will give him the experience to judge situations and people, rather than thinking everybody is there to love him.

Here is a pic of him and Molly back in March of 2012, Molly is the Husky/Shepherd mix and he is the mostly black dog.

Here he is during his first race

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

This finally arrived!

I had to email the RD, but he got someone on the ball pronto and it was here 2 days later.  Here are the specs if anyone is interested, it's all greek to me.

Cyberic

9.1 miles MP - 9.75 miles total

Overall run pace avg was 7:25, which is pretty much my goal MP. But this pace avg includes my (short) w/u and c/d, so I was a little fast. I'm just starting to try to integrate MP, and still have lots of work to do Smile

7:27

7:21

7:19

7:18

7:20

7:17

7:22

(actual total is 9.1 miles, and here are only 8, because I hit the lap button by mistake in the middle of a split)

At the beginning of the run I thought there was no way I was going to hold that pace for 9 miles, but I did. It would have been hell to hold it for 26 though, lol!

onemile

9.1 miles MP - 9.75 miles total

Overall run pace avg was 7:25, which is pretty much my goal MP. But this pace avg includes my (short) w/u and c/d, so I was a little fast. I'm just starting to try to integrate MP, and still have lots of work to do Smile

7:21

7:19

7:18

7:20

7:17

7:22

(actual total is 9.1 miles, and here are only 8, because I hit the lap button by mistake in the middle of a split)

At the beginning of the run I thought there was no way I was going to hold that pace for 9 miles, but I did. It would have been hell to hold it for 26 though, lol!

Wow.  Nice.  How did you choose 7:25?

I've never felt in training like I could do it for 26.2.  Race day feels different.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This finally arrived!

I had to email the RD, but he got someone on the ball pronto and it was here 2 days later.  Here are the specs if anyone is interested, it's all greek to me.

Sweet!

Damaris

Cyberic

This finally arrived!

Niiiice! Great rock'n roll guitar! First tune I'd learn with that guitar would be from the Stray Cats (probably Rock this Town)

Little Blue

Lol, sadly I honestly don't know if Rocky is much protection, at least compared to my ole girl Molly (miss her so much). Rocky is part Heeler (Cattledog) and Lab. He looks slightly intimidating from afar but the moment anybody makes eye contact or a says something to him, his whole body goes into spaztic like wags, it's sad really lol. But he is only 5 years old, and I am sure a few more years and maturing will give him the experience to judge situations and people, rather than thinking everybody is there to love him.

Here is a pic of him and Molly back in March of 2012, Molly is the Husky/Shepherd mix and he is the mostly black dog.

Here he is during his first race

He's a sweetie, but I'll bet he would cause someone to pause before they approached you.  They don't know that he would kill them by drooling on them.

LRB

This finally arrived!

That's one helluva finishers medal!  

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

He's a sweetie, but I'll bet he would cause someone to pause before they approached you.  They don't know that he would kill them by drooling on them.

Lol, true. With Molly if anybody ever asked whether she was friendly or not, I would say no because she didn't pay any attention to them or wag her tail. But as for Rocky, I couldn't lie and say he wasn't friendly because he will wiggle and wag and shake all over, barely able to contain himself with joy and excitement.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

I've never felt in training like I could do it for 26.2.  Race day feels different.

My September 2014 half pace was 7:12, and it was a rather warm day. One year after, in September 2015 I will be much better trained. My work load is much greater than it was last year. So 7:25 seems reasonable. I like setting the bar pretty high.

My real, true objective is to make it <3:25, to BQ on my first. The plan (as of today) will be to go out at 7:25 - 7:30 and hopefully finish in the 3:15 range. And if I can't hold it, slow down a bit but keep my average faster than 7:45.

outoftheblue

Rocky is a cutie, FS!

I managed 12.3 miles last night which is the longest I have run since my marathon way back in December.  I'm leaning towards signing up for the HM later this month just to test the waters.

Life is good.

Cyberic

I just thought of something that will push me a little more:

At 43, I couldn't beat my age at 10k. At 44, I beat my 43 yo age at 10k (42:24).

At 44 I could never have BQed (<3:15). It sure would be nice at 45 to have a M40-44 BQ.

onemile

My September 2014 half pace was 7:12, and it was a rather warm day. One year after, in September 2015 I will be much better trained. My work load is much greater than it was last year. So 7:25 seems reasonable. I like setting the bar pretty high.

My real, true objective is to make it <3:25, to BQ on my first. The plan (as of today) will be to go out at 7:25 - 7:30 and hopefully finish in the 3:15 range. And if I can't hold it, slow down a bit but keep my average faster than 7:45.

Next September? lol By then you might be looking at even faster.

Cyberic

Next September? lol 

Smile I do not race much. I have a 5K in may, and the full in september. I might run another 5K in may or early june if I'm not satisfied with my result, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I think races are ridiculously expensive : ~$50 for a 5 or 10K, $110-120 for a marathon, $100 for a half... come on. Price is not the only reason though. If I really liked racing, I would race more.

MTA: My problem with racing is that there is no way I'll win any. So I'm going to a "race", knowing I have no chance whatsoever for a podium. What's the use? So I gotta keep training, with the occasional race just to see how I'm doing.