Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAILIES (Read 40 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Jay: are you selling the guitar? You could have a "Running Ahead Silent Auction."

It turns out I have some minor tendonitis along the tibia down to the ankle. I also had some major knots UNDER the tibia and in that little fleshy area between the achilles and ankle, hence all the pain. PT says to take a few more days off and start running easy on Tuesday. We'll see. I was expecting much worse so it's good news, I suppose. Smile

DavePNW

Any suggestions for a flat, fast fall marathon other than Chicago?

Assuming you don't want to travel too far - lot of folks here speak highly of Lakefront/Milwaukee.

I would also recommend Grand Rapids.

And you are probably making the right decision, I may be heading that way myself, especially if my knee problems linger.

Dave

Cyberic

Hi Dailies.

Jay: are you selling the guitar? You could have a "Running Ahead Silent Auction."

It turns out I have some minor tendonitis along the tibia down to the ankle. I also had some major knots UNDER the tibia and in that little fleshy area between the achilles and ankle, hence all the pain. PT says to take a few more days off and start running easy on Tuesday. We'll see. I was expecting much worse so it's good news, I suppose. Smile

I would consider that as good news also.

And I would not sell the guitar. I'd display it somewhere with a plaque or something under it containing the details of the race. (date, marathon, 1st place)

Zelanie

And I would not sell the guitar. I'd display it somewhere with a plaque or something under it containing the details of the race. (date, marathon, 1st place)

+1

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi Dailies.

Good news!

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Just finished 15 miles.solo.  I'm freaking frozen. Water froze. Had to eat some snow. YuCk.  bonked the final 3 miles. I'm sure later i will be happy about this run.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LRB

MTA: My problem with racing is that there is no way I'll win any. So I'm going to a "race", knowing I have no chance whatsoever for a podium. What's the use?

There is no wrong answer to that first and foremost, just our own answer.

I am competing against myself, you know, just climbing the mountain to see what I can see. Age group awards, finishers medals, finish line pics, trips to other cities, race reports, the forums, those are all ancillary things that add color to the story.

I have a million memories from racing just 4 years and would be hard pressed to pick the best, but I cried like a baby driving away from my first marathon. Sure, at 3:50 I wasn't winning shit lol, but it was huge for me. There a lot of reasons for that but mostly it comes down to two things: I never in a million years imagined I would ever in my life want to run one of them stupid things, but I never doubted I would once I made the decision to do it.

So for me, racing adds purpose to what has become one of the best hobbies I have ever ventured into (injuries notwithstanding ). And depending on who shows up on any given weekend (or more accurately, who doesn't show up lol) you just might experience a special moment. This could be placing in the top 25, the top 10, your age group, or even crazier, winning the damn thing outright.

Hey, I'm a dreamer man! 

I have met people who run who have never raced and that's fine, but I cannot imagine a scenario where I am not out there competing, even at recreational level. That is really what it comes down to for me.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I really didn't want to run. Miserably cold and raining but went and did 5.1. Only a few cars out too. They only looked at me like I was mildly nuts.

Marjorie

Cyberic

1- There is no wrong answer to that first and foremost, just our own answer.

2- So for me, racing adds purpose to what has become one of the best hobbies I have ever ventured into (injuries notwithstanding ). And depending on who shows up on any given weekend (or more accurately, who doesn't show up lol) you just might experience a special moment. This could be placing in the top 25, the top 10, your age group, or even crazier, winning the damn thing outright.

3- Hey, I'm a dreamer man! 

1- I agree, 100%

2- That is the idea, for me too. When it actually becomes a possibility that I could win the darn things, depending on who shows up, and blablabla, racing will become much more appealing. That could include winning by AG.  You are there, I am not. I have checked the times from last year for the 5K I'll be running. There's no way I can make top 10.

3- And a darn good one Big grin

B-Plus

Morning!  18 miles with 3 X 3 @ MP done.  This was a fun workout!

B-Plus

This finally arrived!

I had to email the RD, but he got someone on the ball pronto and it was here 2 days later.  Here are the specs if anyone is interested, it's all greek to me.

B-Plus

Nice run Cy!

I'm done with my volunteering gig and will head out for some miles after lunch. I woke up with some groin tightness, but it seems to have settled down so I'll give it a go.

DavePNW

I cried like a baby driving away from my first marathon. 

+1 

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

600 yards in the pool this afternoon tired me out more than my HM yesterday.     Oh, to be a complete noob at something again.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks!  In the Hitogamis 2.  I have always been reticent with the Hitos because they have hardly any support but so far, my legs are surviving.

Damaris