Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES are cool with me. (Read 36 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 42 miles on the nicest morning of the year, so far.  It's in the mid 60s, and bare legs were a welcome event.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning.

Forecast swore I'd wake up to severe weather after 4 am so I chose to run instead of gym then run. Jetta and I got 6 miles in, legs are feeling a bit pooped after yesterday's 3.18 miles on hilly trails with 698 feet elevation gain. But just pooped, not sore. I'll do some yoga stretches today.

I got a 10 mile race Saturday, just gonna be my long run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Hello ROFLCATS!  I swam 2500 yards before work and it went about as well as last night's jog, that being slow and sluggish.  Everybody at the pool wanted to talk about my Boston run, and I was trying to be brief so I could get my swim on.  But it's nice that they were so interested and I appreciate it.   I've got a easy bike ride later, and I was all excited about getting back outdoors for rides now that the stupid marathon is over, but it's going to rain the next five days.  GDI

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 4 miles tonight.

Damaris

2 mi modest hill repeats/road crown medicine.  Normally I don’t run in back to back days as I screw it up, but I’m 100% sure I won’t suddenly decide to run these ‘easy day runs’ real fast or long😛
            This way I don’t have to worry about adding road crown to my regular runs.

Cyberic

I'll wait until onemile posts her run before I post mine

onemile

I'll wait until onemile posts her run before I post mine

I'm planning to meet my (UR)RP this evening after work so check back in around 6:30CST

my plan this week is to only run with friends.  Ran with URRP Tuesday, bf yesterday, URRP tonight, I have plans with RRP tomorrow ... 

onemile

RunningOnSand

Good morning! Today's an active recovery day, which for my coach and I means walking. I've already walked the dog, and may go out for another walk. Just trying to get my game plan for the rest of the day done.

Babs & Dave--are you guys riding any sort of high from post Boston? Or was it so hard that you guys are having a bitter taste in your mouths?

RunningOnSand

I'm planning to meet my (UR)RP this evening after work so check back in around 6:30CST

my plan this week is to only run with friends.  Ran with URRP Tuesday, bf yesterday, URRP tonight, I have plans with RRP tomorrow ... 

How's the sleep been?

onemile

How's the sleep been?

Mon & Tues were somewhat better. Last night, not so much.

delicate flower

Babs & Dave--are you guys riding any sort of high from post Boston? Or was it so hard that you guys are having a bitter taste in your mouths?

I am most definitely still riding a high.  I ran a 3:15 at Boston on a hot day and qualified for 2020.  The hard day makes it even more satisfying.  I'll try for a faster marathon in December.

<3

Cyberic

Sounds like a great plan!

Run commute day for me.

Since I have 4 days off for easter, I can implement a workout every 3 days that will bring me to my LR 2 weeks before the marathon:

Last Saturday - LR with intensity

Last Tuesday - Intervals

Friday - LR with intensity (but not so long... a mini taper)

Monday - Workout

Thursday - Mini workout, just to stay in touch with speed

Sunday - HM race + some miles to make it a proper LR day

Wednesday - workout

Saturday - LR (2 weeks before marathon)

Cyberic

I am most definitely still riding a high. 

Try to ride it for as long as you can!

onemile

Since I have 4 days off for easter, I can implement a workout every 3 days that will bring me to my LR 2 weeks before the marathon:

Last Saturday - LR with intensity

Last Tuesday - Intervals

Friday - LR with intensity (but not so long... a mini taper)

Monday - Workout

Thursday - Mini workout, just to stay in touch with speed

Sunday - HM race + some miles to make it a proper LR day

Wednesday - workout

Saturday - LR (2 weeks before marathon)

Looks like a good plan. How long of a final LR?