Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #13 (Read 36 times)

LRB

8 miles with 2 x (8 x 200/200) with 800 rest between sets. Averaged 7:37 which is right where I wanted to be.

For marathon training, I was running 1 workout during the week and 1 workout during the weekend LR. Now I'm trying out 2 weekday workouts plus easy LR on the weekend. I've also been running for 32 days straight. Body is feeling good right now but I've changed a bunch of variables so the scientist in me can't come to any conclusions about which factor is having the biggest impact.

Hmm, science and running. Is that a book? 

LRB

Today is a rest day for me

Race Week up in this beeyotch! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Eeeek.

Damaris

onemile

LRB

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 miles with 2 x (8 x 200/200) with 800 rest between sets. Averaged 7:37 which is right where I wanted to be.

For marathon training, I was running 1 workout during the week and 1 workout during the weekend LR. Now I'm trying out 2 weekday workouts plus easy LR on the weekend. I've also been running for 32 days straight. Body is feeling good right now but I've changed a bunch of variables so the scientist in me can't come to any conclusions about which factor is having the biggest impact.

It's also tough because you don't start from 0 each time. So are you seeing benefits from the marathon training or new schedule or some combo of both.

For me, its always been easier to see what didn't work versus what has.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Onemile,  is URP still running Houston?

onemile

Onemile,  is URP still running Houston?

No, he got in trouble with his fiance when she found out he had signed up without telling her first and she got mad and basically told him he can't go because he has too many other trips planned for this year.  So he won't be running with me for the marathon. But did promise to finish off the training with me (including my 2 big workouts, one of which was 22 miles) and he kept his word on that!

onemile

Do that thang then!

I'm not sure how I am supposed to sit at work all week  and my boss is here this week from Florida so I actually do have to come in.

DavePNW

We have snow! About 2 inches, which is enough to shut everything down around here. Fortunately I don’t have to go into work. Run later. It’s 30 degrees so I might actually wear pants, IDK that’s right on the edge.

Well it turns out it was actually more like 4-5 inches. Just finished shoveling the driveway, because unlike most of the neighbors who did nothing, we still have the midwestern mentality - clear the driveway, ideally down to clean pavement, before driving over it,

Dave

sdWhiskers

It's also tough because you don't start from 0 each time. So are you seeing benefits from the marathon training or new schedule or some combo of both.

For me, its always been easier to see what didn't work versus what has.

Exactly. I didn't get faster in 2019 even though I was running more miles.

In the last 4 weeks, I've switched up quite a bit with my running schedule, added in 2 additional strength workouts each week, and am "eating better" at least 90% of the time. Will see how the next few months go. I think my sweet spot for mileage (for current work-life balance) is 38-45 mpw. I am too slow to be in the 50s consistently AND spend quality time with my family.

Half Crazy K 2.0

No, he got in trouble with his fiance when she found out he had signed up without telling her first and she got mad and basically told him he can't go because he has too many other trips planned for this year.  So he won't be running with me for the marathon. But did promise to finish off the training with me (including my 2 big workouts, one of which was 22 miles) and he kept his word on that!

I can see that conversation going really well. At least you don't have to worry about making sure he gets to the start on time!

onemile

I can see that conversation going really well. At least you don't have to worry about making sure he gets to the start on time!

Yup. I really like him but he has no sense in his head.  Zero.  (But that also means he'll run 20 miles just "for fun" so sometimes it works to my advantage).

LRB

Yup. I really like him but he has no sense in his head.  Zero.  (But that also means he'll run 20 miles just "for fun" so sometimes it works to my advantage).

He's like a blind dog, you love him to death  but he jeeps keeps knocking over stuff. lol

LRB

I'm not sure how I am supposed to sit at work all week  and my boss is here this week from Florida so I actually do have to come in.

Damn.