Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 41 times)

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Happy Saturday everyone!

0 miles yet. Yesterday was a SRD which was good since I'm coming down with a cold/sinus yuckiness. Still not feeling great today, but may head out for a few neighborhood miles this evening. I need to get a long-ish for me run in, but I can do it Monday if need be.

DH and I are making an appearance at a tailgate. We don't have game tickets, so I'll snooze on the couch while the game is on.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, people of the Daily persuasion!  Happy Saturday.

Nice 20, Dave!

Well, I ran my first 5K in quite a while and apparently set a PR!  25:16 official time, 25:14 on the Garmin. I don't know if Official is "gun" or "net" time.

The race was the first annual Great Punkin Chase 5K, which took place in the streets surrounding North Park in Soddy Daisy, TN. I ran it well, pushed myself most of the race, and ended up second in age group (out of 4) which wasn't too bad.

There was only one hill in the course - not huge, but definitely noticeable. As always, I ran a little slower up the hill, and a little faster down the hill.

Overall, it was a fun race and I'm happy to have chopped a few seconds off my 5K time. Now, if I'd drop about 10 pounds, I could probably break into the 24: xx range...

Side note - on my way home, I went down my normal running road. There were a ton of high school aged kids on the road, cleaning up the debris that had collected along the way over the last several months. There were couches, tables, tires, and various other implements of trash stacked up neatly along the road, along with a huge construction dumpster at one end of the street. Presumably, the city will send out a crew to puck up the debris and move it to the dumpster.

It's nice to know that the city cares about such things.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ran my 4th half marathon this morning in what at some points seemed like a freaking monsoon, but thankfully there wasn't any flash floods which happens a lot in Evansville. Even with the weather, I beat my St. Louis PR by 14-16 minutes! Ran this HM in 2:04:48, I am so close to a sub 2:00 finish, I can taste it! Now.... I am going to go back to bed, get up later and head to Logan's Roadhouse with the family and have some filet mignon, sweet potato, and margaritas.

I just realized that during my haze, I can't freaking subtract for shit....... it's a 14 minute difference, not 16... Blush

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, Tom and Andrea!

Damaris

LRB

Okay, the grass is cut and I am hungry!

Being hobbled another week, I have cut back on my daily calories a bit so as to not completely blow the fuck up while I am off.

I hopped on the scale this morning and actually smiled, how often does that happen!  I am right where I am suppose to be, no more, no less, and that equals awesome.  Not bad for someone who has run only once the past two weeks.

We all know not being able to run totally sucks, but it is nice to have a place to come everyday even if it's to cheer from the sidelines.  This would be much more difficult for me without everyone on the B & B posting your runs and plans so thanks, I mean that.

And now it is time  to head to the movies for some yummy wine and pizza, no extra cheese for me this week (hey, I said I was cutting calories!), today's feature; Gravity.

Peace out Peeps!  Cool

Ric-G

St. George Marathon....DONE.

I love and hate the marathon at the same time....final time was about 3:16 and change, not sure yet....now off to Vegas to relax and eat....more later....have a good day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Congrats Ric!  3:16 is bad ass!!!

Mornin' all.  Hip's feeling better.  3 days in a row on the hamster wheel.  (which, I'm sure helps w/ "impact")

Anyway, Santa Ana wind conditions here in So Cal for a while so speedwork on the treadmil instead of out at the track which is kind of a bummer but whatever.......it's done & put in a track-like workout.

Party on, Wayne!

Randy

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Redrum: I was out on the track this morning and it was windy. Where will the first fire start? Glad the hip is better, brother!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

St. George Marathon....DONE.

I love and hate the marathon at the same time....final time was about 3:16 and change, not sure yet....now off to Vegas to relax and eat....more later....have a good day all!

From what I can see, a PR, no?  Congrats!

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Nice racing, FreeSoul, Ric & Tom! Some sweet PRs out there!

Dave - Glad the 20-miler was so good.

I ended up with 15 that were enjoyable but took some effort. The route is all hills - most of them at least 1/3-mile long. And while I had packed for 45* and rainy (long sleeves, no water bottle), the actual weather turned out to be sunny and 60*. By Mile 12, I really wanted water and my legs were feeling the hills. Still, 15 miles in 2:29, with the only break being a stop at 14.2 miles to push a little calf away from the road and closer to the fence where his mama was bawling for him. My FIL went back out to get him back on the correct side of the fence.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

outoftheblue

Congrats Ric!  3:16 is bad ass!!!

Mornin' all.  Hip's feeling better.  3 days in a row on the hamster wheel.  (which, I'm sure helps w/ "impact")

Anyway, Santa Ana wind conditions here in So Cal for a while so speedwork on the treadmil instead of out at the track which is kind of a bummer but whatever.......it's done & put in a track-like workout.

Party on, Wayne!

Fantastic job -- Congrats!

Life is good.

Hi dailies:

Rick - posting from bed, nice

Scotty - have fun

D - ugh to migraines

Step - 4 inches of rain, yowza.  Lucky you aren't swimming today.

Marjorie - good 10.1

Baboon - spending money can be fun

OOTB - glad you're feeling recovered

Kristin - good luck at the 5k tomorrow

Zelanie - dog chaos in pools, that sounds excellent.  Have fun.

D^2 - great LR, you are killing it lately

Hobbit - tailgating without going to the game, I like your style

Tom - did you catch the Great Punkin?

Free - congrats, enjoy that well-earned dinner!  Sub 2 is only a matter of time.

Ric-G - congrats also!  Are you happy with your performance? (It looks like a PR, so yes?)

Redrum - sending "no fire" thoughts your way

Jack - you too

mini RR's below:

With NINE local races today, I couldn't choose just one.  Wink  Up early to make the closest one at 8:00, a full-on XC 5K prior to a high school meet.  Heck yeah!  And it was raining but warm, great XC weather.  My turnover wasn't there and I ran an embarrassing time (18:40ish), but it was still faster than anyone else.  One guy was hot on my heels though about 2 miles, but as we came off the trails and back onto grass, I gradually opened enough of a lead to not sweat it.

Unfortunately I couldn't stay to watch the HS kids. I literally jogged out of the chute back to my car, stripped off the muddy stuff, put on dry clothes, and hit the road towards South Buffalo.  The possibility of trying to win two in the same day crossed my mind, but at the same time I didn't want to be labeled a cherry-picker.  So race 2 would be a well-established one with $100 for the top male and female.  Someone faster would probably show up, but you never know.

10:30 gun, flat course, the rain had stopped but it was still a little muggy.  Clean start, one guy went off like a rocket and looked strong, not rabbity at all.  So much for the hundo, now just run for placement and time Smile

Through much of the race I was within 10 yards of Allison, one of the area's fastest ladies.  I figured that this might be the day she beats me.  Two guys were untouchable, and one more had surged a bit ahead of me around 1.5 miles.   I wanted to save him for a kick;  if Allison had me beat today, awesome for her.  Unfortunately I slowly passed her around 2 miles and stayed ahead, but that one guy was now right there.  Commencing my kick, he heard footsteps and also dropped it, fending me off.  Nicely done, sir!  17:45 got me 4th place.

103 miles for the week, now food and rest.

Zelanie

Holy cow, Jay, topping off a 100+ week with a 1st and a 4th place 5K?  Nice work!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, Jay.

My migraine is still around so URD.  I hate doing this but at least it's taper week.

Damaris

EbonyN

MusicofEbony

Hi everyone I hope everybody had good runs today. 6 miles for me. The first time in a week. My stupid toenail broke and the area where it broke bled when I ran. Angry I decided to take some time off so it could heal. There was no bleeding on today's run, so it has healed. How I can get back to training for the Army 10 miler. Smile

Formally known on the Runners World forums as Malletgirl02.