Beginners and Beyond

ParkRun SaturDailies (Read 16 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I went to ParkRun this morning and exactly tied my time from two weeks ago, matching my YTD best there with 25:28.  I was 15th at the turnaround and finished 14th overall (10th if age-grading).  I was well ahead of a couple of runners who have usually been ahead of me in the past, and was able to keep within 20 yards of a guy I've never beaten (though he's in his early 70's, so he's still crushing me on an age-graded basis).  My son ran too and I was gaining on him at the end; another mile or two and I would have had him.   Then again, he was wearing his easy run shoes and not his racing shoes.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

DavePNW

Congrats Fred. 

I ran 20 with the last 10 targeting GMP. I am shooting for 7:20, which I’m not sure is realistic. Based on today’s result it is not—I couldn’t get there. Splits were mostly 7:25-7:27 (plus one at 8:03, but that mile was a 150 ft climb, so the effort was there). Oh well. I am going to blame last Sunday’s marathon, along with Thursday’s tempo workout. So maybe I won’t give up on the goal yet. I have another LR/MP in 2 weeks, we’ll see how that goes.  

The other disappointment: I was with my running group, and two people were going to join me but bailed. I was with a good group for the first 10, but had to venture off on my own for the rest of it. That kind of thing is much better with company.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!  Nice running, Fred and Dave!

Busy day for me.  5 mile track jog, grocery shopping at three stores, 2 mile dog walk, visited mom, and did a 60 minute bike workout.  It'll be nice being able to watch the UConn game tonight in its entirety before bedtime.

<3

sdWhiskers

Spent the day hiking in Guadalupe NP. Weirdly, we wore long sleeve shirts even though it was like 83F. Windy and <10% humidity made it feel cooler. Oh and gas is only $3 in TX!

Congrats on the race Fred!

Dave: hard to be too disappointed with 20 miles. That's a lot of freaking miles to run, especially solo.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran 18. Stay tuned, as tomorrow is as ugly.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

It'll be nice being able to watch the UConn game tonight in its entirety before bedtime.

Well that was something.

<3

DavePNW

Well that was something.

What a fucking nightmare. I just wanted it to end. College basketball needs a mercy rule.

Dave