Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #191 (Read 26 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Morning all! 7 for me. 75 and 88% humidity meant a good sweat this morning...

onemile

similar weather here and I ran 8 with 10x1 min hard, 1 min moderate and sucked ass (even starting at 5:30am)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have 6 tonight.

Damaris

LRB

I ran 7.5.

I don't know what the temps were but we're right smack in the middle of suck season so it doesn't matter much.

I broke out a form fitting singlet which along with my usual spandex shorts does a better job of managing that nasty, icky, clingy feeling of drenched sweat you get with standard running shorts and loose fitting tops in these conditions. Now if I can just do something about that sweat flinging off of my pinky fingers I'd be okay. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles. It was slightly overcast when I started and didn't feel awful, the sun came out about 30 minutes in and it was brutal.

KCRuns

I ran 7.5 with the last 10 minutes at medium hard effort.  Last week it was cooler and that effort worked out to about 10k pace.  Today was "sucky season" hot & humid and the pace was between HMP & MP.

I met up with a neighborhood group at 6a and they left me in the dust a quarter mile in, but one of the faster ladies caught me on her way back and she ran the rest of the time with me at my pace which was nice.  She even took a couple of walk breaks with me.  She's very nice and I was glad for the company.

LRB

I ran 7.5 with the last 10 minutes at medium hard effort.  Last week it was cooler and that effort worked out to about 10k pace.  Today was "sucky season" hot & humid and the pace was between HMP & MP.

I met up with a neighborhood group at 6a and they left me in the dust a quarter mile in, but one of the faster ladies caught me on her way back and she ran the rest of the time with me at my pace which was nice.  She even took a couple of walk breaks with me.  She's very nice and I was glad for the company.

Happens to me every time. Takes me forever to warm up.

KCRuns

Happens to me every time. Takes me forever to warm up.

I don't think it matters if I'm warmed up or not, they are just much faster than me.  Today there were 9 people.  I'm hoping the group grows and we get more varied paces.  The FB page has grown a lot the last month or two, I just need more of them to show up.  But it's still nice to meet fellow runners in the neighborhood and I will keep going.

bluerun

Super B****

11 on the AlterG (or 11.01 if you ask my 310, and 10.99 if you ask Strava)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Baboon

delicate flower

Re: Vaporflys, I check RW frequently because single pairs in various sizes tend to pop up randomly, which I am guessing are returns and whatnot.  Well a 12.5 in the black/green color just popped up and I was like "GOTCHA, FUCKER!"

<3

DavePNW

7 miles.

11 on the AlterG (or 11.01 if you ask my 310, and 10.99 if you ask Strava)

I usually make sure to at least get to .01 on my Garmin, which gets .00 on Strava. I’ve never had it be off by .02. But maybe the Alter G makes it a whole different thing.

Dave

DavePNW

Re: Vaporflys, I check RW frequently because single pairs in various sizes tend to pop up randomly, which I am guessing are returns and whatnot.  Well a 12.5 in the black/green color just popped up and I was like "GOTCHA, FUCKER!"

Yay, my Secret Santa came through! How did you know my size? 

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Yay, my Secret Santa came through! How did you know my size? 

You're lucky too because they are not the bright green or bright pink ones.  They are one of the cool colors.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

7 miles.

I usually make sure to at least get to .01 on my Garmin, which gets .00 on Strava. I’ve never had it be off by .02. But maybe the Alter G makes it a whole different thing.

This is why I always go to .01, even though it drives me crazy!!

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

I am so glad I don't need to waste money on this nonsense.

chasing the impossible