Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #14 (Read 32 times)

sdWhiskers

I’m no expert but I imagine for 5k training you want to work on your leg turnover as much as possible. And strides at the end of a run don’t take much out of you - you can’t do VO2max intervals several times a week.

Oh I agree. I guess it felt silly when only running 30 mins. Like I easy jogged 2 miles then did like a mile of strides

DavePNW

Oh I agree. I guess it felt silly when only running 30 mins. Like I easy jogged 2 miles then did like a mile of strides

Ha, yeah that seems weird. Look at it as a 2 mile warmup and a mile of very short intervals.

Dave

6.4, four on flat & stream grade, mostly elevated pace, then 2.4 bowl hills...

AT “1917” nibbling on popcorn wait for movie to start 😀

LRB

There were days when I barely had the energy to run and didn't feel like doing strides, and worse, didn't want to do them. The Hudson training was very aggressive what with two speed sessions, a LR and a day with strides. Coach would ask how the strides went and I'd be like, "I don't know, ask somebody that ran them" lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I usually end up using a hill that is ~1 mile long. So I sprint, walk, sprint, walk...and just keep going up as much as I need.

This one is run uphill, then wall/jog downhill and repeat. That might work but I don't have one that cruel here. LOL.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6.4, four on flat & stream grade, mostly elevated pace, then 2.4 bowl hills...

Nice. We wanted to watch it yesterday but between the construction in the house and the errands, we are going Saturday.

We just bought tickets to Jimmy Buffett and Europe/Foreigner. Who said we wouldn't have as many concerts here as in Miami?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There were days when I barely had the energy to run and didn't feel like doing strides, and worse, didn't want to do them. The Hudson training was very aggressive what with two speed sessions, a LR and a day with strides. Coach would ask how the strides went and I'd be like, "I don't know, ask somebody that ran them" lol

LOL. Coach conversations are sometimes fun.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

I live under a rock, so I had to google the trailer. It looks really good; I'll be interested to hear how it is!

onemile

I ran 8 miles with Beck's Burn Bracket (.5 miles at faster than 5k, 1.5 at MP, .5 faster than 5k with 1 minute recoveries)

I live under a rock, so I had to google the trailer. It looks really good; I'll be interested to hear how it is!

Good movie, and the ‘one continuous shot’ effect to mesmerizing!!!!

https://www.insider.com/how-1917-was-filmed-like-one-continuous-shot-wwi-2020-1

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They did huge parts of Atomic Blonde like that and it's amazing to watch.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

Good movie, and the ‘one continuous shot’ effect to mesmerizing!!!!

https://www.insider.com/how-1917-was-filmed-like-one-continuous-shot-wwi-2020-1

Just watched that; WOW.

GinnyinPA

I had hill repeats too, which I suck at, despite running hills all the time. I don't usually run them fast. Plan said 6 x .25 at 10k pace with the downhills at MP. I ended up doing almost the opposite - downhill at 10k pace and uphill at marathon pace. My lungs and HR wouldn't let me go any faster on the uphills. The effort felt like 1 mile pace uphill and recovery pace downhill.  I should have picked an easier hill. I actually used two different hills when I realized I wasn't going to be able to run the first hill 6 times. I did do it three times.Total run was 7.3 miles with 760' elevation gain, including warmup and cool-down.

KCRuns

I thought things were markedly improved so I optimistically did not take cough medicine this morning for the first time in 3 weeks.  It went really well until about 1130a with just an occasional cough, no big deal.  Then I breathed in wrong and it all went to shit    So, I took the medicine and am comforting myself with a hot chocolate (office machine makes a pretty good one).   I don't think I'm going to run today after that coughing fit, it took a while to get it back under control.

On the plus side, I did 3 miles last night on the treadmill at the super slow run/walk paces.  But at least I was moving.  Then I did the 30 minute weight circuit.

DavePNW

They did huge parts of Atomic Blonde like that and it's amazing to watch.

I loved Atomic Blonde. 
                                Birdman was particularly noted for the entire movie being one continuous shot.

Dave