Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies are for 26.2 (Read 29 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!  And, good luck DaveP, Zelanie, and anyone else running long or hard today!

I ran 3.2 this morning.  I planned on 9-10, but stupid foot is stupid.

Have a great day everyone!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good luck racers!

I just got an email from Strava, basically stating my lazy butt hasn't been on there for like ever....  I miss running, I miss logging miles damn it!!!!

I hit the gym this morning, focusing on the back but also legs and glutes. And yes I did cut things back quite a bit, and yes LRB I played with the Leg Press or as it is labeled on the machine the "Plate Loaded Squat Press". The woman working had ear buds in so she was useless, paid no attention to me (we were the only ones in there) so I figured it out myself.... it ain't so hard 

No automatic alt text available.

Everything was going great until the Glute Machine or Blaster, which on the last one my left knee tried to give out as my left leg came back down.....thankfully there was like nobody in the gym at that moment to hear it. Looks like I'll either be cutting that from my routine or placing it up towards the first of the workouts as I didn't have that issue before. Ugh... this freaking knee is pissing me off man, I'm ready to cut it off and get rid of it....

Depending on how today goes, I might take the animals (that included Dorian) for a walk.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Morn!  I've basically got a rest day,  though I have a short bike check to do before headed to athlete check in for my race tomorrow.   Sitting in an eatery now waiting for my pancakes and eggs.

<3

Zelanie

Morning! I think I will run today. It's been a while since I've run long. Wink

LRB

Morning! I think I will run today.

Be smart. Good luck!

LRB

The "deal" was I would take a rest day if I made it through three consecutive days of running. I did that and despite having an urge to get back at it this morning, I think I should honor that. Not to mention my ankle is still a flake and my legs are unusually fatigued (probably a result of my ellipticalling exploits), so better safe than sorry.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Orange Theory coming up and a run later if I want to run.  Taking it easy this week is hard, but my mind needs it.

Hope Dave and Z are all ready to go!

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I thought I'd seen and experienced pretty much everything one could in a race, but for the first time in my running and racing career, I was stopped by course monitors to let cars through rather than stopping the cars to let the runners continue unhindered. This happened in a 5K with about 600m to go. The course monitor even threatened to have me DQed if I tried to cross the road before he was ready to let the runners go.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

I thought I'd seen and experienced pretty much everything one could in a race, but for the first time in my running and racing career, I was stopped by course monitors to let cars through rather than stopping the cars to let the runners continue unhindered. This happened in a 5K with about 600m to go. The course monitor even threatened to have me DQed if I tried to cross the road before he was ready to let the runners go.

That's inexcusable! The race director should get an eyeful from you on one of the most basic requirements expected of law enforcement at intersections in an event.

delicate flower

Yet again, DaveP runs a marathon that does not have live updates.  FOR CHRIST SAKES.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That's inexcusable! The race director should get an earful from you on one of the most basic requirements expected of law enforcement at intersections in an event.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Yet again, DaveP runs a marathon that does not have live updates.  FOR CHRIST SAKES.

lol - It's pretty remarkable in this day and age actually.

At this point they should be at the 2 hour 10 minute mark or thereabouts.

LRB

It can only be an earful if he's speaking to the RD.

No more marathons

Easy 8 this morning - last long(ish) run before my races next week end.

Just checked the seeding for the 1500 - holy shite there are some fast oldpharts out there.

For the age group 66-69 there are a total of 40 registered.  They've broken it into 3 sections and my sorry ass time from last fall get's me mid way in the 2nd section.

the third section, the fastest, has seed times ranging from 5:10  to 5:55.

In the second section (mine) the fastest time is 5:56.

I hope to run 5:50 or so, which means I could conceivably win my heat, but still finish out of medal (top 8) contention.

Ah well, there's two other races.  And there's always the whole "experience" thing.  Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It can only be an earful if he's speaking to the RD.

I did make a point of speaking with the race organizer. Since this is the first time in the 5 years the race has been run that this had happened, I think it was some idiot individual who decided the cars should have preference since we were only slow runners and walkers. I hope it wasn't happening at the front of the race, because that could affect not only times but places. Oddly enough we crossed the same road at the beginning of the race and they certainly had no issues with letting the entire field through while stopping traffic.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.