Beginners and Beyond

Monumental Saturdailies (Read 39 times)

DavePNW

I need a haircut very badly, but I did shave yesterday.

Dave

LRB

I drove 30 minutes to run for 50 minutes. 

Actually, I wasn't sure what I was going to run, I just ended up settling on 5.5 miles.

It was pretty creaky initially but turned out okay relatively speaking.

LRB

At 30 kilometres, Andrea is now entering the dark zone...

From the Internet.

20:55ish (per watch, not sure of official time yet) at parkrun. Felt comfortable and in control on a hilly/partially trail course, let it rip when I got to the last stretch of pavement. Solid workout and great confidence-builder for next month's flat road 5K! 19-something or other should be in the bag if I warm up well and race like I'm not a chicken, lol.

sdWhiskers

4.5 miles with strides. Felt soooo nice not to run a bunch in the dark. Had breakfast with the family for the first time in months!  Chocolate chip pancakes Mmmmm

HM tomorrow. This race was my sub2 last year so hoping for good things..

Good luck D and FS!

LRB

At 30 kilometres, Damaris just entered the dark zone, and told it to GTFO

LRB

HM tomorrow. This race was my sub2 last year so hoping for good things..

You Can Do It!

Cyberic

Ran 10 with 5 at 310 watts. Thought maybe that would be my MP,  but it was slower than that.

40 minutes of run-stand on the mill, only 28 mins of actually running time at 2%.... looong story, these were my staple years ago when coming back from long term right hip bursitis and real bad left ham at the same time.  Still need to figure out my right hams, So back to the future, mostly minimalism

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dude I hit the dark zone HARD!

So I knew from the get go I was gonna aim for a positive split, with all uncertainties I wanted to make sure I felt I gave it my all.... i think i can say with 100% confidence i gave it everything I could.

I didn't PR, unfortunately but i dont care. I didn't have stomach issues and i got to hit the wall 

And somehow I managed a kick at the final .2

Fuck these shoes, seriously... by mile 21 I felt like I was barefoot, I could feel EVERYTHING.

4:48:23

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Congrats Andrea!

I ran 20. RRP ran 15 of them with me. I wished I could have stopped at 15 . Oh well.

LRB

Congrats Andrea!

I ran 20. RRP ran 15 of them with me. I wished I could have stopped at 15 . Oh well.

No shit. lol

LRB

Dude I hit the dark zone HARD!

Oof.

Marathoning ain't easy. Congrats on the finish!

LRB

And speaking of finishes, the Docket has marathon #51 in the books.

Cyberic

Oof.

Marathoning ain't easy. Congrats on the finish!

Like LPB said.

Congrats on your marathon FS!