Beginners and Beyond

A Brand New THURSday (Read 32 times)

DavePNW

I dropped them on the floor of a high foot traffic area.  They are goners.

It really depends on how hungry you are.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Nope nope nope, when it comes to things like jelly or cream or anything that hair and dirt can stick to easily, there are no rules for that.... you just have to cry as you throw them away.

Strangely when I used to go camping a lot, if I accidentally dropped a hot dog on the ground while roasting it, I have no problem quickly grabbing it and wiping off any sticks and debris before eating it...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Action items are all tracked and assigned online, so I get the pleasure of an e-mail every time something is assigned to me, any time I am mentioned, or any time somebody else comments on an item in which I am either assigned or mentioned.  OH MY GOD.

Too bad you can’t adjust notification settings like Facebook or something.

Dave

delicate flower

It really depends on how hungry you are.

My dog would have eaten them.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I just cursed loudly at work, which took a few people by surprise because it's out of character.  "Son of a bitch!"  You would too if you dropped your two fruit danishes top down on the floor.     

Lol. SOB is not really a curse Wink. Try fuck real loud and let me know.  By now my coworkers do not even flinch.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My new Ravenna 10's were delivered!!!!!

Last month I purchased 2 of the Brooks Ricochet shoes

The 10 looks a slight different from the 9's though..... or am I just crazy?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

5km (19:53) + 2min jog + 1km (3:42) at the track. In American, that means 6:25mpm for the 5K and 5:57 for the 1K.

I'm happy with the workout. I've been very sketchy lately with my training, and I want to start getting solid workouts in. In the time I have at lunch, this is the kind of workout I need to do on a regular basis.

Runshortii

I have 8 to do with 4x1 mile repeats. It's 34 but raining, I'm trying to wait out the rain because I really don't want to do another workout on the TM...I really don't want to do it in cold rain either.

Cyberic

I have 8 to do with 4x1 mile repeats. It's 34 but raining, I'm trying to wait out the rain because I really don't want to do another workout on the TM...I really don't want to do it in cold rain either.

34 and raining is very tough to dress properly for.

onemile

34 and raining is very tough to dress properly for.

I just hope it's not super icy. I have a workout to do after work that can't really be done indoors. tomorrow's forecast of high of 10 with 20-30mph wind doesn't seem like it would be better tho.

sdWhiskers

Action items are all tracked and assigned online, so I get the pleasure of an e-mail every time something is assigned to me, any time I am mentioned, or any time somebody else comments on an item in which I am either assigned or mentioned.  OH MY GOD.

This is kinda impressive. I'm at the tail end of a 2.5 day meeting and it would be helpful to have someone taking some minutes.

Other interesting items of note:

Mansplaining is very real

Europeans are snazzy dressers when it comes to business attire (especially their socks/shoes)

Everyone likes tacos

LRB

I just hope it's not super icy. I have a workout to do after work that can't really be done indoors. tomorrow's forecast of high of 10 with 20-30mph wind doesn't seem like it would be better tho.

The weather is weird. It's 36 now but will get up to 50 by 9:00 pm tonight. By run time tomorrow at 6:00 am however, the temps will have plummeted to 21. So the ice we had the past few days could have all been melted by then but new ice formed in its place, or we could have no ice at all, or we could have all of the ice. 

Cyberic

The weather is weird. It's 36 now but will get up to 50 by 9:00 pm tonight. By run time tomorrow at 6:00 am however, the temps will have plummeted to 21. So the ice we had the past few days could have all been melted by then but new ice formed in its place, or we could have no ice at all, or we could have all of the ice. 

Makes sense, but I had to read it slowly Smile

delicate flower

Coach told me today that the plan is sub-3.  It's hard to believe I am in a position that this is even being discussed as a possibility.  I still have serious doubts.  We'll see how the upcoming races and training goes.  Coach is pretty good at predicting my times but does err on the side of being a little optimistic.

<3

Runshortii

Coach told me today that the plan is sub-3.  It's hard to believe I am in a position that this is even being discussed as a possibility.  I still have serious doubts.  We'll see how the upcoming races and training goes.  Coach is pretty good at predicting my times but does err on the side of being a little optimistic.

You've been having some killer workouts lately!

I ran 8 miles (well 7.86..) with 4x1 mile repeats. goal was 7:00, but the whole workout was a mess. My first mile wasnt horrible (7:15 with uphills) but I went to pause my watch .25 into the second repeat because the sidewalk became really icy, and then the stupid watch restarted itself  It saved my run but then I just started the stupid set over again. Then it started raining/sleeting/snowing and my shoes and whole body were soaked by the end of the 3rd repeat. And I accidentally only ran 7.86 miles because I under estimated the turn around while I was in the middle of the stupid repeats.