Beginners and Beyond

A Brand New THURSday (Read 32 times)

onemile

I ran 8 miles (well 7.86..) with 4x1 mile repeats. goal was 7:00, but the whole workout was a mess. My first mile wasnt horrible (7:15 with uphills) but I went to pause my watch .25 into the second repeat because the sidewalk became really icy, and then the stupid watch restarted itself  It saved my run but then I just started the stupid set over again. Then it started raining/sleeting/snowing and my shoes and whole body were soaked by the end of the 3rd repeat. And I accidentally only ran 7.86 miles because I under estimated the turn around while I was in the middle of the stupid repeats.

uggh, I am seriously thinking I'll have to wear my screw shoes Brooks ghost for my speed workout.  And even then, I don't know if I want to try sprinting???

onemile

Coach told me today that the plan is sub-3. 

Don't forget, you heard it here first

LRB

I ran 8 miles (well 7.86..) with 4x1 mile repeats. goal was 7:00, but the whole workout was a mess. My first mile wasnt horrible (7:15 with uphills) but I went to pause my watch .25 into the second repeat because the sidewalk became really icy, and then the stupid watch restarted itself  It saved my run but then I just started the stupid set over again. Then it started raining/sleeting/snowing and my shoes and whole body were soaked by the end of the 3rd repeat. And I accidentally only ran 7.86 miles because I under estimated the turn around while I was in the middle of the stupid repeats.

I agree, running is stupid. lol

DavePNW

I was thinking about doing a 5k on Saturday, but we’re supposed to get another dumping of snow starting Friday night. So that’s off. But it means I can do an unplanned workout Friday morning. So will have to figure something out.

Dave

GinnyinPA

I ran tomorrow's workout today since the forecast is for 25 mph winds tomorrow afternoon. Instead I got mist, but it was 48 so not that bad except that a visor doesn't protect very well against mist. My glasses were very spotty and my shirt was too wet to clean them well. Still, I ran 11 easy miles. Not looking at my watch on an easy route meant I ran faster than intended or expected after yesterday's intervals.

workinprogress11

FFS, I am still working.  Don’t they know I don’t like to run in the dark?

DavePNW

Any of you other Noxgear Tracer360 users find that thing burns through batteries like there's no tomorrow? Maybe I just need to spend less time running in the dark.

Dave

delicate flower

I quit halfway through my run tonight. Tempo run fail and I didn't give a shit. I felt fine, but I had work on my mind and could not focus, and I just didn't want to be running.

<3

DavePNW

I quit halfway through my run tonight. Tempo run fail and I didn't give a shit. I felt fine, but I had work on my mind and could not focus, and I just didn't want to be running.

Well I guess you can't kill it every time. What, do you have 3 tempos a week on your schedule? Seems every time you post it's another tempo.

Dave

delicate flower

Well I guess you can't kill it every time. What, do you have 3 tempos a week on your schedule? Seems every time you post it's another tempo.

Typically they are twice a week, Tuesday and Thursday.  This week was the exception with my LR also being tempo work.  Now I have a good excuse to run a 10K Saturday.

<3

delicate flower

Any of you other Noxgear Tracer360 users find that thing burns through batteries like there's no tomorrow? Maybe I just need to spend less time running in the dark.

I have not had to replace my batteries yet but have used it less than 10 times.

<3

Cyberic

Typically they are twice a week, Tuesday and Thursday.  This week was the exception with my LR also being tempo work.  Now I have a good excuse to run a 10K Saturday.

You're also very liberal in the use of the word Tempo. Not arguing with you here, just that I checked your log and you logged a run that was a series of 5 minutes hard/ 1 minute jog as a Tempo, and also a 16 mile steady MP run a Tempo. So even if you run 2 tempos a week, there is variety in there.

delicate flower

You're also very liberal in the use of the word Tempo. Not arguing with you here, just that I checked your log and you logged a run that was a series of 5 minutes hard/ 1 minute jog as a Tempo, and also a 16 mile steady MP run a Tempo. So even if you run 2 tempos a week, there is variety in there.

You're right.  Half of my "tempo" runs should really be called either interval or steady state, but I call it all tempo.

<3

onemile

It ended up being soooooo slippery out. Even with the screw shoes. So I just ran easy. 8 miles

sdWhiskers

Yes and yes.