Beginners and Beyond

Make the alarm clock stop ringing MonDAILIES (Read 43 times)

I did an inspection at an implant recycling facility. The inference was lost on me until I looked into a barrel full of charred knee, shoulder and hip replacements. 

What, no augmentation recycling?  That's disappointing, because that could be the start to a really hilarious story.  Which would, of course, culminate in a water balloon fight.

It's hot as ballz here.  Saturday afternoon, everything was fine and good, then suddenly about 2 miles in the wind started up and it started getting hot.  I realized just how hot on Sunday, which was a 20 mile long run suckfest in 84 degree dry heat.  It was pretty shitty from mile 9-15, but OMG, the last 3-4 miles, I started to hate everything and everyone, and was bargaining with myself not to walk.  By the time I got home, I was irrationally angry with the world.  Hungry, dehydrated, and chafed in multiple places = I will kill everything that crosses me.  Also, it was sloooooow, hot means slower always, but I didn't account for that and got super mad at how damn slow I was.

Perspective, food, Gatorade, half a jar of Aquaphor, and a shower helped.  I got out for 7 this morning at SAF pace.  There was no respite from the heat, it was already 75 when I left the house in the dark.  Despite trying to heal it and prevent more of it, the chafing still hurts quite a bit.  Tomorrow is SRD, and it's about damn time.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I realized just how hot on Sunday, which was a 20 mile long run suckfest in 84 degree dry heat. 

I wouldn't have lasted 10 miles before bailing.  Great job getting it done!  That suckfest will pay dividends in your race though.  No comment on the water balloon fight. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What, no augmentation recycling?  That's disappointing, because that could be the start to a really hilarious story.  Which would, of course, culminate in a water balloon fight.

It's hot as ballz here.  Saturday afternoon, everything was fine and good, then suddenly about 2 miles in the wind started up and it started getting hot.  I realized just how hot on Sunday, which was a 20 mile long run suckfest in 84 degree dry heat.  It was pretty shitty from mile 9-15, but OMG, the last 3-4 miles, I started to hate everything and everyone, and was bargaining with myself not to walk.  By the time I got home, I was irrationally angry with the world.  Hungry, dehydrated, and chafed in multiple places = I will kill everything that crosses me.  Also, it was sloooooow, hot means slower always, but I didn't account for that and got super mad at how damn slow I was.

Perspective, food, Gatorade, half a jar of Aquaphor, and a shower helped.  I got out for 7 this morning at SAF pace.  There was no respite from the heat, it was already 75 when I left the house in the dark.  Despite trying to heal it and prevent more of it, the chafing still hurts quite a bit.  Tomorrow is SRD, and it's about damn time.

I am glad I'm not the only one bursting on fire.  #betterinnumbers.

It's 85F here right now.  I want it gone!

Damaris

I wouldn't have lasted 10 miles before bailing.  Great job getting it done!  That suckfest will pay dividends in your race though.  No comment on the water balloon fight. 

I considered it multiple times.  It was horrible.  The only reason I didn't, is because I didn't actually know how hot it was.  I just assumed I was struggling so hard because my fitness was crappy, or maybe I drank too much wine the day before.  When I got home and realized what the temps had been for the past 3 hours, it all started to make sense.

If I ever do it again (that long in heat by myself), I'm embracing the boredom and doing loops past my house so I can drink.  I found three barely-functioning water fountains the whole run, and that was not adequate.  I lost SEVEN POUNDS of sweat weight.  It might have been more, but I chugged a 750ml thing of Gatorade when I first got back before I weighed myself.  I'm still trying to re-hydrate!

And yeah, Docket, I feel you girl.  I don't have Miami humidity, but I've got the heat.  It's 86 outside, but only 13% humidity.  I think that's why the chafing was so bad.

I had Advil with my lunch.  I'm starting to feel better again!

LRB

So, this led me to The Google, naturally, where it states in part that what is left in the case of cremation is a gelatinous goo that has to be scraped from the machine. Wonderful.

So, this led me to The Google, naturally, where it states in part that what is left in the case of cremation is a gelatinous goo that has to be scraped from the machine. Wonderful.

Oooooh, my bad.  I didn't realize this was post-cremation reclamation.  (Although, I should have, you provided enough context I should have picked up on that.)  In that case, carry on.  Now I feel bad for mocking the dead. 

LRB

Oooooh, my bad.  I didn't realize this was post-cremation reclamation.  (Although, I should have, you provided enough context I should have picked up on that.)  In that case, carry on.  Now I feel bad for mocking the dead. 

You're good.  And just when I thought I'd seen it all, bizarro world!

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.6 very sluggish miles. DH and I went up to Atlantic City for the night yesterday. We got no sleep. Our room was right next to the freight elevator, had some partying folks somewhere close, and the bed & pillows sucked.

bluerun

Super B****

4.3 miles — it was 77 degrees and I loved it.  (Also grossly humid, which I loved a little less.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Baboon

delicate flower

5 at the track.

Blake Griffin to Detroit?  Da hell is happening??

<3

Cyberic

4.3 miles — it was 77 degrees and I loved it.  (Also grossly humid, which I loved a little less.)

Where are you at? On vacation? Can't be 77 and humid in NYC!

DavePNW

5 at the track.

Blake Griffin to Detroit?  Da hell is happening??

Wut? I don't follow the NBA so much, but this doesn't sound right.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, she is in the Caribbean.  Where apparently, it's colder than here, FTS.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6.10 miles outside.  Our high was 86F and 73DP today, also known as Winter.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

If only it were!!  I’m in Sosúa.  Where the sea conditions are conspiring against me but one way or the other, I will take my Peak Performance Buoyancy test here!  (Notice I said nothing about passing it.  I hate tests.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog