Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Insert rest day (Read 36 times)

LRB

If I had one of them step counters that has seemingly taking the country by storm, it would've broken this week! It's been a rough one at work, and as such the extra sleep this morning was nice. And running can kiss my grits.

What's up?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rest day for me.

Race day tomorrow, so trying to rest up a bit.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.1 easy miles in the warm humidity.  It actually felt easy, and I'm grateful for that.  I think I'm finding my groove again.  Maybe I'm not speaking too soon.

I hope everyone has a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 7 easy miles tonight.

Andrea, good luck!  Which distance did you decide upon?

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning!  I have 7 easy miles tonight.

Andrea, good luck!  Which distance did you decide upon?

I decided to agree with the stupid idiot side of me, I am going to attempt the marathon. I'll handle the half marathon with this in mind, but I expect a whole lot more walk breaks on the 2nd loop. I am bring with me some Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes Extreme tablets, hoping that will help me avoid any headaches that will be caused by the heat and mugginess that might be in the morning.

Yes, I am stupid, I know 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

5 in a drizzle.

Dave

Cyberic

No running yet. Some hot, easy running in my future.

Ric-G

about 4 miles this morning...off work today...have a good day all.

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

about 4 miles this morning...off work today...have a good day all.

okc or gs?

onemile

No running yet. Some hot, easy running in my future.

That sounds hot.

Mmmmm...beer

Rest week for me!  Feels really weird to not be running, but I'm not gonna lie, I kind of like not getting up at 4am! lol

Hopefully I can find some time this weekend to put together a RR.  Like a lot of people who run their first race of a longer distance, I swore that I wouldn't do it again, that it was one and done, got my check in the box, I'm good, etc., etc..  But now here I am less than a week out from the race and I'm thinking about signing up for next year before the early bird pricing expires. LOL  The 100 is such an unknown, and even with good training and tons of research, there's things you just don't learn until you do it, like how quickly your body can turn on you.  So now of course, I'm thinking, "I can do more, I can apply what I learned on my first go and run it better".  We'll see. Smile

Hope everyone is having a great Friday and has a fantastic weekend!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

That sounds hot.

This weekend is going to be interesting. Aside from that cataclysmic, ignominious catastrophe last month, the sun and heat has been pretty much a nonissue for me. I'll either need to get up early or keep it short, as in a mile or less. lol

LRB

Rest week for me!  Feels really weird to not be running, but I'm not gonna lie, I kind of like not getting up at 4am! lol

Hopefully I can find some time this weekend to put together a RR.  Like a lot of people who run their first race of a longer distance, I swore that I wouldn't do it again, that it was one and done, got my check in the box, I'm good, etc., etc..  But now here I am less than a week out from the race and I'm thinking about signing up for next year before the early bird pricing expires. LOL  The 100 is such an unknown, and even with good training and tons of research, there's things you just don't learn until you do it, like how quickly your body can turn on you.  So now of course, I'm thinking, "I can do more, I can apply what I learned on my first go and run it better".  We'll see. Smile

Hope everyone is having a great Friday and has a fantastic weekend!!

And there is that thing about trying to win it. Big grin

onemile

This weekend is going to be interesting. Aside from that cataclysmic, ignominious catastrophe last month, the sun and heat has been pretty much a nonissue for me. I'll either need to get up early or keep it short, as in a mile or less. lol

It was super steamy last night and I was choking on all the flower perfumed air. So thick.  We're supposed to be in the 80's and thunderstorming the next three days.

delicate flower

Four day weekend!  I hit the pavement early today.  75.2 mile bike ride at 17.9 mph, followed by an easy 3 mile brick run at 8:10 pace.  Today's ride was supposed to be "Ironman speed", whatever the hell that's supposed to be.  I guess I'll figure it out.  I rode with some fatigue so hopefully IM speed will get faster with fresher legs.

<3