Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #218 (Read 25 times)

Cyberic

I was sleeping in the basement. Kids were making a bunch of noise when I went to bed, and my son had to get up at 4:30 to leave, and he's not the most delicate with sound, so screw that, downstairs I can sleep better.

I still would not have hit the Woman, as I was not facing towards her (if I had been in my bed), but had I been upstairs there would not have been a wall there, just empty space.

LRB

Just wanted to drop in to let y'all know I completed my "virtual" or solo marathon this morning. I just couldn't pass up on 59 degrees.

A spur of the moment marathon beginning at 2:39 am? Oof.

And omg, where is the race report already??

KCRuns

Just wanted to drop in to let y'all know I completed my "virtual" or solo marathon this morning. I just couldn't pass up on 59 degrees.

That's it?!?!  No details?  Congratulations on getting it done solo, that's impressive!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

A spur of the moment marathon beginning at 2:39 am? Oof.

And omg, where is the race report already??

Right?

Damaris

DavePNW

marathon beginning at 2:39 am

You’ll be getting this at the regular marathons when they start back up, they’ll have to be doing so many wave starts for social distancing. 

9 miles with 3x2k + 2x400m. Got off to a pretty slow start, but got faster. First time doing the 3rd 2k; I did 2x2k + 2x1k the last couple weeks. I know this is supposed to ultimately build up to 4x2k but FTS. This was enough. 

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I need a nap first lol.

Technically I wanted to do it Sunday BUT my tooth was aching so bad Saturday night, of course my dentist can't see me til the 18th... But I got some tips from friends and those seem to be helping. Normally I get up before 2 to go to the gym so I figured I'd just get up at that time but go get this done.

I'll work on a report after I sleep, eat and sleep some more 😁😜

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RunningOnSand

Nice! And yep, get to that food and sleep so you can give us your RR Big grin

Cyberic

If you get up before 2 to go to the gym, at what time do you go to bed, ffs?

Congrats on running 26.2 miles!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

If you get up before 2 to go to the gym, at what time do you go to bed, ffs?

Congrats on running 26.2 miles!

Lol, I try to go to bed at 9.

I've got a personal Meat Lovers pizza from Turoni's and it is AAAAAALLLLLLLL mine 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

sdWhiskers

8 miles total. Ran 5.6 to a park and worked out with my personal trainer (first time since March!) then ran another 2.4 home. Trainer is younger and feels invincible so I've been ignoring him. Of course he's getting on an airplane tomorrow so it'll be weeks before I'll try to see him again. It was nice to do some strength training outside with more equipment vs in my living room with just weights and bands. It was also unseasonably cool this morning.

MrW woke up unable to move his head/neck yesterday morning. It's always something.

Poison ivy is the devil to some people, like me, but has almost zero affect on others. Growing up in a family of 6, only my dad and I would get it EVERYWHERE while my other siblings would have no rash. I remember missing a week of school once because I was coated in it, including between all my fingers so I couldn't really move them them. Have not had an experience as an adult.

sdWhiskers

Nice! And yep, get to that food and sleep so you can give us your RR Big grin

+1

Congrats!

LRB

marathon and pizza

Doing it right.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

awesome job! both running 26.2 and getting up at 2am to do it. Can't imagine either right now!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Congrats Freesoul. Is that a PR/PB/whatever you want to call it?

onemile

Congrats Freesoul. Is that a PR/PB/whatever you want to call it?

+1. I was going to ask as well