Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #218 (Read 25 times)

onemile

I couldn't get going this morning so I ran 9 miles at lunchtime.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Congrats Freesoul. Is that a PR/PB/whatever you want to call it?

The pizza all to myself, or the 26.2 miles by myself? 

As far as official time, I won't really consider it or compare it to my actual race times as the clock was going no matter if I stopped to use the bathroom, take pics or play with a frog (which the last two I don't do during actual races ).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

I couldn't get going this morning so I ran 9 miles at lunchtime.

I am in a position that I probably could run at lunchtime, but still uneasy about taking that long of a break in the middle of the day. Maybe by the time it starts getting darker & colder in the mornings....

Dave

onemile

I am in a position that I probably could run at lunchtime, but still uneasy about taking that long of a break in the middle of the day. Maybe by the time it starts getting darker & colder in the mornings....

I carry my phone with me and have email as well skype on it to get work calls in case there's something urgent. but also they don't really care about what hours you work if you are getting your job done..

DavePNW

I carry my phone with me and have email as well skype on it to get work calls in case there's something urgent. but also they don't really care about what hours you work if you are getting your job done..

I think my boss would be pretty cool about it anyway and be of the same mind. And so far I have not found myself in many situations where I couldn't wait an hour to respond. I'd rather not be running with my phone, but I suppose I could. Also as I've mentioned I'd have the possibility of running late afternoon, since a lot of the people I work with are on central time.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Befoer I started running before work due to the heat, I would check my e-mail a few times during the run to make sure there was nothing urgent that I needed to repsond to.

sdWhiskers

A new project I'm on at work has me meeting more routinely with folks in Japan, so meetings 4-7pm. Annoying but makes me feel less bad about running 7-9am now instead of too early.

The pizza all to myself, or the 26.2 miles by myself? 

As far as official time, I won't really consider it or compare it to my actual race times as the clock was going no matter if I stopped to use the bathroom, take pics or play with a frog (which the last two I don't do during actual races ).

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi, folks!

Still around, still running, still working from home.  Some crazy times we live in these days.

Have an 'actual' race again this Saturday, complete with social distancing, etc.   The majority of our local events, however, are virtual.

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping safe!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hi, folks!

Still around, still running, still working from home.  Some crazy times we live in these days.

Have an 'actual' race again this Saturday, complete with social distancing, etc.   The majority of our local events, however, are virtual.

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping safe!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

One of my husband’s friends from Miami (a doctor) is intubated and in the ICU with the virus. He is in his 40s no pre condition.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

One of my husband’s friends from Miami (a doctor) is intubated and in the ICU with the virus. He is in his 40s no pre condition.

Sad that is awful. I'm so sorry.

KCRuns

I'm sorry, Docket, that's really scary!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My "RR" is up, strangely enough, it is relatively long.

PRs