Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Summer Weekend (Read 17 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

Coffee & a 5K.

LRB

Coffee & a 5K.

Kill them both.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I will run sometime today.

Good luck, PAD.

Damaris

Zelanie

Good luck, PAD!

Morning to our visitors! Smile

D, have a good run!

The LRS is having a shoe sale!  Hopefully they have some good stuff. Smile  6-10 for me later.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Speedy 5K, PAD.

SRD for me.

PADRunner

29:36 5 second PR.

It was 80, 70, 60. 80 degrees, 70 DP 60 humidity making a 90 degree heat index... A slight breeze helped.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

29:36 5 second PR.

It was 80, 70, 60. 80 degrees, 70 DP 60 humidity making a 90 degree heat index... A slight breeze helped.

No sweat...Congrats on the PR !!!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Happy saturday everyone!

Long run done. 12.2 miles.  I ran to prospect park from my apartment and then did a noncompetitive group run with the Nike run club. It was a 5k with kevin hart. Hubby joined me and brought me a change of clothes and flip flops. They had free bag check and there was lots of general awesomeness. There were post run treats and towels. Also yet another free shirt. The post run treats included ice pops, bananas, clementines, some hippy juices, bagels, Gatorade, etc. if you have a Nike run club in your area check out their events for sure.

I am currently getting a pedicure for the freak show that is my feet. The pedicurist looks horrified. Wedding tomorrow evening means that my feet will be exposed to the general public. At least I currently possess all of my toenails Wink. I came here directly from my run. I hope this lady's sense of smell is weak.  I did change clothes and baby wipe so it isn't as bad as it could be.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, PAD!  That was our weather at 5am, LOL.  Muggy.

7 on the TM for run # 1.  Some more miles later.

Damaris

Zelanie

PAD- Nice work on a sticky day!  Congratulations!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Zel - was just thinking of you. How's your dog?

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

Zel - was just thinking of you. How's your dog?

Hey sapf.  I think she's improving.   We even took her on a short walk yesterday.  But she's not 100% yet.

Hope you had a good pedicure!  I've seen some nasty old man feet at places before, I'm sure yours were just fine.  The club run sounds awesome!

The sale didn't really have anything good, so I ordered myself a pair of Saucony Zealots from running warehouse.

hog4life

Jill, that cracked me up about your feet! Thanks for the laugh, and great job on the LR.

Zel, glad to hear Mia is doing a bit better.

Pad, Congrats on the PR!

Docket, nice miles!

I did a stroller PR of 26:57 with the Angels this morning. I think I sweated 9 gallons!. We picked up a few leads, got another couple runners signed up, picked up a lead on another little girl in a wheel chair, and was happy to be out spreading our message of inclusion for the special needs community. There are chapters springing up everywhere, so if this is something you might like to do, look them up.

I ended with just over 40 for the week, feeling good at week 3 of this marathon training.

To the admins, if this is inappropriate, just delete.

Here is a link to help if you can't run with Ainsley's Angels

https://www.crowdrise.com/AAinNEAlabama