Beginners and Beyond

Saturday lies (Read 52 times)

Zelanie

That is what autocorrect wanted to change Saturdailies to, and I was too amused to change it back.

In honor of LRB who must be sleeping in, what up, doe?

I'm at day 2 of 3 of my training, and it's really good so far.

LRB

Dave

delicate flower

Update:  9.5 hours of sleep last night.  HOORAY!!

It's a chore day!  I like chore day though.  DW has a run to do and I'll tag along with her.

My Ironman training officially starts Monday.  I got my first week of workouts!!!  

<3

LRB

It's raining like a bitch out here. Great.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've got one run this weekend to reach or surpass my weekly mileage goal (45 miles), currently I have 37 miles so I can either run 10 and finish this week with 47 or I can run 13 and finish this week with 50 ---- decisions, decisions, decisions. Not sure if it will be tonight/evening or tomorrow evening/night, depends on the weather and what time DH gets home from work. If I am able to hit the trails with the doggies, we might try for 13 only if the temps are below 60 by that point, otherwise I might hit the roads for the 13...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Zel, you did great starting the dailies! And the Saturday lies title is very fitting (fits me anyway). Enjoy the last day of your training in Chicago!

Morning, gents! Sorry about the rain, guys... Nothing but a beautiful fall day here. I will be running 11 miles later, some at tempo pace and some at cool down pace. But first, I have chores to do.

Amy, I didn't realize that your race was so soon! You will do great and it will give you the motivation needed to stick to it for an eventual training cycle in 2016. I'm so happy that you're back in the game!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

workinprogress11

Morning all!

I appreciate the encouragement, Julie. It will be slow, but it will be good to be back in the game.

Either 4 miles or 11 miles depending on what time I get back from brunch in the city with my daughter and how many mimosas I have. If it's too many, I'll do the 11 tomorrow.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I ran the Miami Halloween Half Marathon as my long run.  Expected weather: 80-83F and wind/sun.  Real weather: 75F and rain, then massive sun and wind and 80F.  I couldn't have asked for better weather.

I ran it at easy pace and by effort (GPS goes off and on during part of the boardwalk so I couldn't tell what I was running).  Ended up with my fastest HM in three years and a 2:09:25 which is definitely a post surgery PR.  And I wasn't even winded!

Take that, Montreal. 

Damaris

happylily

Morning!  I ran the Miami Halloween Half Marathon as my long run.  Expected weather: 80-83F and wind/sun.  Real weather: 75F and rain, then massive sun and wind and 80F.  I couldn't have asked for better weather.

I ran it at easy pace and by effort (GPS goes off and on during part of the boardwalk so I couldn't tell what I was running).  Ended up with my fastest HM in three years and a 2:09:25 which is definitely a post surgery PR.  And I wasn't even winded!

Take that, Montreal. 

Awesome, Damaris! Congratulations!!! It bodes well for Vegas!

happylily

Morning all!

I appreciate the encouragement, Julie. It will be slow, but it will be good to be back in the game.

Either 4 miles or 11 miles depending on what time I get back from brunch in the city with my daughter and how many mimosas I have. If it's too many, I'll do the 11 tomorrow.

Speed does not matter when we are starting up again. It's all about building up endurance and also determination. You will do great at both. 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

15.4 miles in light rain.  It was 63F though, so the rain just made it nice.  I would have liked to run another 5 or more, but I have a job to start at noon.  I thought I might should save a little gumption for the labor that pays for the shoes and beer.

Docket, wtg on the  half!

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Ran 11ish on the mountain today.