Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies: Streaks are overrated. (Read 38 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I jogged 3.4 slow miles of uninspired meh. But, I did see this on my log:

Run streak

Current Streak

500 days (4877.3 mi)

2/23/2015 - Today
    1 yr 4 mo 14 d
    9.8 mi / day

I'm not saying it's a good thing or a bad thing.  I'm just saying I did it.  I am seriously contemplating taking tomorrow off.  It's a very strange idea.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

Heat advisory and air quality alert in effect, I'm sore and bruised and beat up from my too-close encounter with a sidewalk... and I have a 5K tonight. HA HA HA HA HA HA.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

While my running streaks have been limited to blocks of 10 to 15 days, I routinely had workout streaks of 30 days back before running. I also had one at 92 days, and my longest was 526 days.

It was basically me just challenging myself, not so much with the streak but just trying to see how long I could go. Fun times.

LRB

It was 75 for my run this morning with a dew-dew of 64, so I returned from it look like a wet, sopping mop. lol

My legs were really fatigued, so I am actually looking forward to yoga tonight (ffs ) to help with that.

delicate flower

Good morning, friends!!  I've had a couple of 6-8 week steaks, which I ended just for the sake of ending them.  I didn't want to get obsessed with keeping them going.  Anyway, nice job, PR.  That's an impressive miles per day average, too.

I've got a bike ride to do after work today.  Just as my legs feel the slightest bit rested, I've got to go out and wreck them again these next two days.  Such is the way it goes.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have to move my week around due to some hearings I'm covering tomorrow, damn it!  7 with 400m intervals tonight.

PR, nice streak!

Damaris

Cyberic

Bike-commuted to work today. Dunno if I'll run, yet. It's hot, it's Hansons rest day, but DD has soccer practice tonight and I'll have free time to run. I'll see.

Impressive streak, PR

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today's heat is predicted to be 101 with a heat index of around 108.  Got up at 4:30 this morning, went to the Y and got a nice run/walk done in the neighborhoods around the Y.  Was humid as all get-out, but I was feeling pretty good so ended up with 3.5 miles, versus my usual 3 miles I've been doing.  Glad I got it done early cuz it's about 1 pm. here right now and already hot as the blazes.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

onemile

My longest streak was also 9.8 miles per day but it only lasted 20 days. And I was pretty ready for my rest day. But I was only following my schedule and not trying to streak. I like having rest days.

LRB

Today's heat is predicted to be 101 with a heat index of around 108.  

Also known as winter in Miami.  

Zelanie

Nice job, PR! I miss my streak and am sort of toying with starting over. But maybe not this week.

Today I woke up, went to PT, ran another 3 miles, went home, showered, packed, and now I'm at the airport again. LA tonight, Magic Mountain tomorrow!  If we have energy left when we arrive, we may check out the Santa Monica pier tonight.

Cyberic

I like having rest days.

I need rest days

delicate flower

I rode.  21 miles with 4 x 10 minutes hard.  Hotter than monkey tits out there.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Also known as winter in Miami.  

Based on yesterday's heat indexes, I believe it, LOL.

7 with 5 X 400m on the TM.  My lungs are tired.  Hoping they don't die during my 10 tomorrow.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. I guess it is cool here compared to San Antonio and Miami. I hope my cupcakes don't melt tomorrow when I walk back from the farmer's market.