Beginners and Beyond

Race Day SaturDAILIES (Read 41 times)

Let's do this! Waiting for the gun to go off keeping warm in the car.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

LRB

Aw shit.

onemile

Good luck!

4 mile shake out done

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck!

I have 5 miles and weights.

Damaris

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Go get em Jay!

16 this morning.  It was 29 degrees so I didn't bring my water bottle.  I stopped by the park fountain for a drink but the park turned the water off.  Why?!?  Um... it's 29 degrees out side.  2 hrs 38 min... that's a new no-water record for me.  Damn I've gotten slow... and thirsty.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Cyberic

Good luck racers!

Ran 30K (18.6 miles) with  3 x 3 K @ sub3MP. Too fast. Got side stitches after. Had to sit down 3 times on my jog back home. Legs were good though.

Cyberic

Good luck!

4 mile shake out done

I read "4 milk shake run done". What? Read more carefully the 2nd time.

I read "4 milk shake run done". What? Read more carefully the 2nd time.

It's sort of like a beer mile, but with a milkshake at every quarter.

Good luck Jay!

Dave

zzyzx

First run in two weeks. I was in some pain (had a kidney stone issue int he first few miles), my headphones broke, and the chilly but sunny forecast turned out to be half right as it poured on me. First Seattle winter run of the year... always good to get one of those done so I remember that I can do it. Was hoping for close to 8, did a tad over 7 which is good enough at 8:52

Cyberic

I think a milk shake mile would be tougher than a beer mile. Downing a milk shake would freeze my brain.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think a milk shake mile would be tougher than a beer mile. Downing a milk shake would freeze my brain.

^ This.

Damaris

Seattle winter 

LOL. 45 degrees & intermittent rain/drizzle felt pretty good to me.

Decided to go for it on the mile repeats, because what the hell. The full 6 reps, the 2 min recoveries, the 10k-ish pace. Actually made it happen, more or less - the first mile took me forever to get in a groove. Splits: 7:19, 6:54, 7:01, 6:55, 6:53, 6:52. After 4, I was pretty sure I wouldn't have anything for #5. After 5, I was positive I didn't have another in me, and thought about bailing. But whaddya know.

To state the obvious, this definitely feels like it's preparing me for racing a 5k, more so than my usual workouts. Each of the last 3 reps pretty much felt like I was running mile 3. Which I guess is the point.  :mindblown:

Dave

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Is this a challenge?

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Is this a challenge?

If you go to the official beer mile website, www.beermile.com, there are a number of official variations. One if them involves eating 4 pints of Ben & Jerry's. So there might be a record to shoot for.

Dave

Cyberic

Is this a challenge?

Nope. Not a chance. If you want to try both, I'll be more than happy to read you RRs though.