Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins May Be Moving (Read 21 times)

Zelanie

Zelanie

Meant to post the whole intro but somehow just got the giant penguin, and I liked him too much to change it.  So, morning!

I had some miles to make up over the weekend, and was feeling run down on Saturday, but mysteriously was feeling good again yesterday.  Tonight I have 6 with the social runners.

From the Internet.

LOL I like the giant penguin!

Just finished a planned 5 easy that kinda turned into a progression to ~MP effort. Felt great. Today's route was totally pancake flat and I've been running a lot of hills, so I think that's why the unintentional speed-up happened, haha. Next on the agenda: finish my second iced coffee, shower, work, maybe gym for a few minutes before I get home.

Singer who runs a smidge

Also fond of the giant penguin!!  DH and I were on the winning team for trivia night at our church last night, so I'm feeling all smart today.  It was kind of weird trivia, including a category all about our church history (which the pastor's team aced, go figure) and a spelling category (which I nearly aced, woo-hoo!).  Anyway, a good time was had by all, and the youth raised a good bit of money for their summer mission trip to Belize.  Now I'm floundering under a crapton of stuff to do!!

Zelanie -- enjoy your social six!!

Lauren -- woo-hoo for your awesome run and iced coffee!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!  Today will be a run to/from the Y and a swim.  I made a running plan for the next 5 weeks to give myself a little structure and then I'll see where I land for Brooklyn half training.  I know that my half in 3 weeks is going to be a suck fest, so I'm thinking of finding a slower runner to pace to a PR and just treat it as a long supported training run because I haven't trained well at all this winter.  And suck fests are more fun with a friend ;-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon.  Back from NOLA and had depositions all morning.  Tough race especially since I had a migraine and stomach issues but the trip was nice.  RD today.

Damaris

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Afternoon.  Back from NOLA and had depositions all morning.  Tough race especially since I had a migraine and stomach issues but the trip was nice.  RD today.

Sorry to hear about the migraine and stomach issues.  I'm glad to see that you're a mortal and take a rest day after a marathon.  How did it go other than the body issues?

Back from the Y - did 1800 yards again - this time 30 seconds faster than last.  I'll swim again on Friday.  Time to shower and then head off to work.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

PADRunner

R&RD today.

Who's moving?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry to hear about the migraine and stomach issues.  I'm glad to see that you're a mortal and take a rest day after a marathon.  How did it go other than the body issues?

Back from the Y - did 1800 yards again - this time 30 seconds faster than last.  I'll swim again on Friday.  Time to shower and then head off to work.

Slow than I wanted, but OK.

Damaris

Philliefan33

Morning Pens!  Today will be a run to/from the Y and a swim.  I made a running plan for the next 5 weeks to give myself a little structure and then I'll see where I land for Brooklyn half training.  I know that my half in 3 weeks is going to be a suck fest, so I'm thinking of finding a slower runner to pace to a PR and just treat it as a long supported training run because I haven't trained well at all this winter.  And suck fests are more fun with a friend ;-)

Helping another runner is a good idea. It gives you permission to post a "bad" finish time, and you will always be able to justify it with "but I was pacing a friend". I did something similar last year at a small 5K. I hadn't been running much at all, so was dreading how bad I was going to hurt and still get a slow finish time. The day before the race I overheard the race organizer talking about a nine-year old girl who wanted to run, but she didn't have anyone to run with and her mother didn't want her on the course alone. (Mom weighed about 250 and got short of breath walking from the car to the start line, so she certainly couldn't go). I volunteered to accompany the girl. It was the slowest 5K I ever finished, but I had an excuse 😉

Today I ran  4.5 miles. It's warm but very windy.

Zelanie

Just moving our feet was all I meant.

I had a great HM with a friend last spring because I was pacing her and she was running it as a MP run.  When it's not "your" race, somehow it's much easier.