Beginners and Beyond

Up and at em' It's thursday penguins! (Read 32 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Looks like the instrument I fixed yesterday is down again today.  I have yelped for help from an engineer.  Angry

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

From the mouth of my DH:  "You know what the hardest part about hunting elephants is?  Hauling around the decoys!"  Roll eyes

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Sloooow.

Redrum, hope the weather cools down a bit for your run.

Jack, have a great 8!

HopesMom, sure your busy day went smoothly and you got to enjoy some tunes. Have a great time at chorus!

Zelanie, running with a group sounds like fun. There is a running group in the nearest city that says "all paces welcome", but I don't think they mean my slow pace, lol.

Bin, your cough just doesn't want to give in, does it. You are getting some great runs in despite it. Some coughs can linger on for months after the virus/illness has passed. I second Scotty's suggestion of checking for mould, though.

Docket, hope your 12 miles are as cool and humidity free as Miami allows Smile

Mitch, have I missed what a NOBO class is? I don't think there is a 10K option, I haven't checked. I'm sure you can still register until the end of the year, so I have plenty of time to figure out if it will work out.

Scotty, that is a lovely dew point! Only you could overtake a lady, to then turn it into a gentlemanly offer, lol.

Cherie, my vote is always for a few days off. Hope your funk passes soon and you can get back into the swing of things.

"From the mouth of my DH:  "You know what the hardest part about hunting elephants is?  Hauling around the decoys!"  Roll eyes"

LOL! I try to keep my mouth shut over hunting. Hiding in the bushes and waiting for animals isn't hunting, it's ambush Joking

SheCan

Is the plan to wake up tomorrow?

I'm DEFINITELY putting that on my agenda!  Joking

Thanks Scotty and Coralie... I know that mojo has got to be around here some place.

Great run today, Coralie!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

tracilynn

PLANK CHALLENGE ENDS TODAY!  Whatcha got?

Im happy with my results. I planked a 1:50 today and I started at 55secs so double! YAYAY.

Im going to continue my plank but only after days that I run.

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Our lows Saturday morning will be 20+ degrees cooler than this morn. I CAN'T WAIT

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Traci: don't brag like that! Wink

She Can: sometimes it stays in the 90s well into October. Disgusting, isn't it?

At least I got these babies today from Running Warehouse. On clearance and a 15% off coupon. I also got the Nike visor for my warmer runs.

tracilynn

I have a Nike dry fit visor like that and I love it.

nice shoes! Are they kinvaras?

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Yes. They were $46 with the coupon!! Plus, I like them. Smile  With my green pair it took some time to get used to them and I thought I would just use them on shorter runs. Now I use them for any distance and trade with the Asics gels. Flippin' sweet!!

Birdwell

Yes. They were $46 with the coupon!! Plus, I like them. Smile  With my green pair it took some time to get used to them and I thought I would just use them on shorter runs. Now I use them for any distance and trade with the Asics gels. Flippin' sweet!!

nice! I got the same color. I bought them to be my date night shoes, but that color combo is so nice, I'm setting them aside as my race shoes.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hey, is that Zion? I'm going to be up there in November. Date night shoes! YES!!! Lol

Birdwell

Hey, is that Zion? I'm going to be up there in November. Date night shoes! YES!!! Lol

It's Red Cliffs recreation area, about 20 miles west of Zion. (I-15 around mile marker 18 or so)

Views just as nice, but nowhere near the crowds.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did 8.60 miles instead of the 12, so I switched with tomorrow.  Too much work today.

Damaris

hog4life

1:45 plank, haven't been doing them. Can you tell? But I did 7.1 miles tonight, with 4 at tempo.

Coralie, the NOBO stands for No Boundaries. It's a beginners running program very similar to C25k, sponsored by our LRS. My neighbors are the head coaches, myself and 10 others are like assistant coaches, or mentors. Some run, some run/walk, some walk, and there "graduation" will be a 5k on Nov 2nd. It's very nice to be able to help people and share our stories.

Zelanie

Coralie, I was thrilled to be able to hold an 11:00 pace when I started doing the group runs.  And that was pushing myself.  We do have some 12:00 runners some of the weeks.   So you might let them know your pace and see how that fits with the group.  The AM runs are still too fast for me, but I'm getting closer to being able to hold their pace.