Beginners and Beyond

The last MonDAILIES this month (Read 32 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran a nice 10 miles.  The knee didn't complain at all until about 9 miles in, and it wasn't much then.  I'm smiling.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Thats awesome PR!

I took another RD this am. My calf is not good at all. It feels very weak and cant walk without limping right now. Just spent about 15mins on the roller but I'm not sure its helping. At least its not my AT and seems to be muscular. Have to see how it feels tomorrow. Trying not to drive myself nuts thinking about it.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 7 miles tonight.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

PR - Great news about your knee.  Nice run.

Jay  - Good call on the RD, and glad to hear you think it's muscular and not a tendon or ligament that would take longer to heal.  I hope you have a speedy recovery.

DR - Have a good 7 tonight.

I'm feeling rather cheery (and thus verbose, forgive me) today as my morning six mile run was very pleasant indeed.  Despite fears of vacation lag, I was up early and out the door at 4:45.  I judged the morning cool enough to run without water, though I did wear my red, flashing, safety lights. As the summer starts to wane, night is gradually reclaiming the early hours and for the first few miles I was running by streetlights and the shine of a moon just past full, though somewhat dimmed by a light haze of clouds.  The morning was so quiet that the loudest things I heard were my own footfalls and the sound of my breathing, though as I passed through more wooded areas the insects added their buzz to the ambient sounds.  Other things also stand out on a quiet morning:  a cyclist going by at a cross roads with so many lights he (she?) could have been a summer Christmas tree;. cliched as it may be, I heard a distant train whistle; more modern sounds included an occasional jet passing overhead.  As dawn began to light the skies, the birds stirred and began their morning serenades.  Even with nature awakening, the morning was still so quiet that the occasional passing cars tend to shatter the near-silence, first with the low swishing noise of their tires as they begin their approach, then the louder hum, purr, or growl of their engines, depending on the type of vehicle.  Daylight was finally asserting itself as I got home to a house still quiet, as the rest of the family continued to slumber.  Only once I got out of the shower could I hear stirrings among my sleepy brood.  The first Monday after vacation is usually a tough day for me, but today I managed to take the edge of the back-to-work blues.  I'm so glad I started running.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

delicate flower

'Morning.  Unlike Happy Go Lucky Fredford, I am in proper Monday state of mind this morning.  I'd have skipped my swim this morning if Wife's alarm hadn't gone off at 5:15.  I said "Are we swimming."  She said "I should.  I'm awake."  And I said "Ok, let's go make the donuts."  And off we went.  4100 slow yards done, but I am glad it got done.  I trained for 17.5 hours last week, and with a race this weekend, this is a much needed cutback week.

Run later.

<3

RunningOnSand

PR - Great news about your knee.  Nice run.

Jay  - Good call on the RD, and glad to hear you think it's muscular and not a tendon or ligament that would take longer to heal.  I hope you have a speedy recovery.

DR - Have a good 7 tonight.

I'm feeling rather cheery (and thus verbose, forgive me) today as my morning six mile run was very pleasant indeed.  Despite fears of vacation lag, I was up early and out the door at 4:45.  I judged the morning cool enough to run without water, though I did wear my red, flashing, safety lights. As the summer starts to wane, night is gradually reclaiming the early hours and for the first few miles I was running by streetlights and the shine of a moon just past full, though somewhat dimmed by a light haze of clouds.  The morning was so quiet that the loudest things I heard were my own footfalls and the sound of my breathing, though as I passed through more wooded areas the insects added their buzz to the ambient sounds.  Other things also stand out on a quiet morning:  a cyclist going by at a cross roads with so many lights he (she?) could have been a summer Christmas tree;. cliched as it may be, I heard a distant train whistle; more modern sounds included an occasional jet passing overhead.  As dawn began to light the skies, the birds stirred and began their morning serenades.  Even with nature awakening, the morning was still so quiet that the occasional passing cars tend to shatter the near-silence, first with the low swishing noise of their tires as they begin their approach, then the louder hum, purr, or growl of their engines, depending on the type of vehicle.  Daylight was finally asserting itself as I got home to a house still quiet, as the rest of the family continued to slumber.  Only once I got out of the shower could I hear stirrings among my sleepy brood.  The first Monday after vacation is usually a tough day for me, but today I managed to take the edge of the back-to-work blues.  I'm so glad I started running.

Are you a writer? If not, you should consider being one. That was amazing--I almost felt like I was out there with you!

PR, it sounds like the knee is continuing to behave itself. I hope you continue to have a kickass day!

Jay, yuck. I'm so sorry about your calf. Maybe a strain? Good call on the RD. With not being able to walk w/o a limp I'd consider taking the rest of the week off just to be sure.

Docket, enjoy your evening miles. Hoping they're not too hot (or maybe you'll be on the TM?).

Baboon, you've hung in there with some pretty tough workouts; I can imagine why you're exhausted. Enjoy your cutback week.

I had a HM that sucked in all sorts of ways on Saturday. I went in super cocky, thinking I could bring home a PR. And I should have listened to my body when mile 2 clocked in and I was thinking it was feeling way too hard for this early on in the race. I death marched it in the last few miles, coming in 4 minutes over what I thought I would run. And in case you guys are thinking maybe it was too hot--nope. I just think I did a really sucky job with nutrition and hydration the week prior. My legs were just not having it. Sigh. Time to dial in the nutrition and up my water game.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

ROS - I don't see the outdoors from March/April through November, so 100% chance of it being on the TM.  Ouch on the race.

Damaris

LRB

Are you a writer? If not, you should consider being one. That was amazing--I almost felt like I was out there with you! 

He brought his A game today.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Thank you, that's very kind.  (And thanks to LRB as well.)  No, I'm not a writer.  Most of what I wrote were the thoughts I had while running.  For years I didn't like writing, just as I never cared much for running.  Perhaps the same life changes that made running appealing to me also lead to a greater interest in writing.

I'm sorry to hear about your HM.  I've been there and know how frustrating, and even demoralizing, it can be to start a race with high hopes and finish the race with those hopes shattered.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Cyberic

Nice one, Fred.

LRB, about yesterday, you had me chuckling too the way you described your physical state after your runs.

RCD for me.

Turns out my team has been selected for a free entry in a team triathlon. I'll be the runner  It's 750m swim, 20K bike and 5K run. So I'll be racing a 5K after all. September 8th.

LRB

I had a HM that sucked in all sorts of ways on Saturday. I went in super cocky, thinking I could bring home a PR. And I should have listened to my body when mile 2 clocked in and I was thinking it was feeling way too hard for this early on in the race. I death marched it in the last few miles, coming in 4 minutes over what I thought I would run. And in case you guys are thinking maybe it was too hot--nope. I just think I did a really sucky job with nutrition and hydration the week prior. My legs were just not having it. Sigh. Time to dial in the nutrition and up my water game.

Damn. I've had one of those, it's an awful feeling.

KCRuns

Good morning!

SRD.  I am feeling much better today than yesterday, and I think one more day of rest and more foam rolling will be good for healing.  I'm also having trouble getting bandages to stay put on my hand and knee, so I don't want to do anything that irritates them today.

KCRuns

This is lovely and what I love most about running in the mornings!  What a wonderful way to start your day Smile

onemile

Bummer.

onemile

I actually got a picture I liked from yesterday so I am posting it