Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday 3/8 - LRB is so fired. (Read 39 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

LRB's chronic tardiness must be addressed.

I ran 6.6 miles in calm, clear conditions.  No wind and low 40s made for a great morning!

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

From the Internet.

49 and drizzly here this morning, but looks like we're having a return to Arctic temperatures over the weekend and snow next week :C :C :C I ran 12 with hills, kept effort reasonably easy 'cause I have another 14 on the schedule tomorrow.

LRB

Yo.

We've got severe winds bearing down on us and in fact a high wind warning is in effect from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. They're talking something stupid like 40 to 50 MPH. 

Anyway, I ran in circles 22 times around the track and had to deal with some pretty annoying winds for half of each lap. 2 x 4 minutes, 3 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute with 1 minute jogs in between. Which was hardly enough time to recover ffs.

7.3 miles total.

Now it's time to do what I do; energize the world. 

delicate flower

Hey!  New basement floor is being installed today and the wife is home babysitting the installers.  Oh boy, I can't wait until that's done!

2500 yard swim before work.  Short, hard sets.  Then I stopped for a Dunkin coffee and ordered a large and they gave me the movie theater size.  Tempo run tonight.

Apparently it is National Women's Day and the chicks at work are talking about it and acting all empowered.  I feel like maybe I need to fire one of them to keep 'em honest.

<3

onemile

2 x 4 minutes, 3 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute with 1 minute jogs in between. Which was hardly enough time to recover ffs.

I hate those super short recoveries but Hudson seems to love them

onemile

Apparently it is National Women's Day and the chicks at work are talking about it and acting all empowered.  I feel like maybe I need to fire one of them to keep 'em honest.

LOL

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Got home from Pilates last night and my husband forced me to run with him, so 5 with hubby last night.  I have 8 tonight and will do them so long as the knee feels OK with me running 4 days in a row!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey!  New basement floor is being installed today and the wife is home babysitting the installers.  Oh boy, I can't wait until that's done!

2500 yard swim before work.  Short, hard sets.  Then I stopped for a Dunkin coffee and ordered a large and they gave me the movie theater size.  Tempo run tonight.

Good luck!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

At least they came to work. Some school systems around here closed due to requests for leave.

delicate flower

At least they came to work. Some school systems around here closed due to requests for leave.

The women who report to me all said (jokingly) they were leaving work for the day, leaving me alone to handle things.  I told them to go ahead and take the day off, but they don't want to burn the personal time.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Hey!  New basement floor is being installed today 

If I guessed some type of LVT, would I be right?

delicate flower

If I guessed some type of LVT, would I be right?

Yessir!  We got rid of the gross, dark original 1960 carpet.  Some nice new flooring should lighten the room up and make it look much nicer, not to mention a lot easier to clean.  Half the basement will be our bike trainer area, complete with two spin bikes, two bike trainers, and the 50" (or something) TV.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The women who report to me all said (jokingly) they were leaving work for the day, leaving me alone to handle things.  I told them to go ahead and take the day off, but they don't want to burn the personal time.

I bet you would've cried if they had left you all alone.

Damaris

I think you can keep them on as long as you pay them less than the men, and have them fetching the coffee.

Currently in Ft. Worth, TX; ran 12 ridiculously slow miles on the Trinity Trails. Achilles continues to be mostly holding up, but I am just so slow.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Yessir!  We got rid of the gross, dark original 1960 carpet.  Some nice new flooring should lighten the room up and make it look much nicer, not to mention a lot easier to clean.  Half the basement will be our bike trainer area, complete with two spin bikes, two bike trainers, and the 50" (or something) TV.

I have installed 2 shitloads of LVT in the last couple of years, including some in my own home.  I haven't heard a complaint or regret yet.  My 3 dogs haven't managed to scratch mine after trying their best for over a year.  For durability and ease of cleaning, I prefer it over my hardwood.