Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES; ZZZZZ's (Read 43 times)

cjones1

Are you running the same spring half as last year?

Leaning towards it since we have family that lives inside the boundaries of the course.  It's just too convenient, plus I seriously need a goal that's closer than the fall '16 full to get me off my butt. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

onemile

Hal Higdon? Seriously? No. It was Hal Holbrook.

Whatever. All those H names are the same. Except Hansons of course. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LRB, I'm sorry.  But why yoga when you can Pilates? Smile

Andrea, enjoy all the planning!

Just finished my deadline for today, with 15 minutes to spare.  #procrastinatorswin

Damaris

Cyberic

What's wrong with Hal Higdon, anyways? Is he the one Jay was talking about who gets you to your marathon undertrained?

If I were to do yoga, I doubt very hard I would wear them stretchy pants.

Half Crazy K 2.0

What's wrong with Hal Higdon, anyways? Is he the one Jay was talking about who gets you to your marathon undertrained?

If I were to do yoga, I doubt very hard I would wear them stretchy pants.

Higdon's plans are very long run heavy. I used his half plan for my first half. The runs during the week were 3-5 miles. Then the weekend long run increased most weeks. I think his plans are designed for someone who has limited time during the week and more time on weekends. They are also to get you to the finish, not necessarily a high performance plan.

Half Crazy K 2.0

DOO EET! What's with all the yoga bashing around here? I did yoga up to 3x/week for several years, but it gradually got squeezed out by running too much. Which is ironic, since the more you run, the more you probably need it. I always gave it credit for keeping my back in shape, but who really knows. Mainly it was a really good workout, if you get the right class. There are a number of different styles, and a lot of variety within each - what the class is like is typically more dependent on the instructor than anything else. You might just need to try a few different ones. Some are faster moving and a good cardio workout; others have a lot of long, deep stretches. Usually a lot of core strengthening. Most importantly, two words: yoga pants. The end.

I've tried yoga DVDs, just cannot get into them. And about yoga pants/short, Rodney Yee. The attire in his DVDs is rather distracting.

Cyberic

Higdon's plans are very long run heavy. I used his half plan for my first half. The runs during the week were 3-5 miles. Then the weekend long run increased most weeks. I think his plans are designed for someone who has limited time during the week and more time on weekends. They are also to get you to the finish, not necessarily a high performance plan.

Thanks.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Whatever. All those H names are the same. Except Hansons of course. 

I am never using Hanson again. Too advanced for me. I am not worthy. lol

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Zelanie

I've tried yoga DVDs, just cannot get into them. And about yoga pants/short, Rodney Yee. The attire in his DVDs is rather distracting.

Is that a recommendation? 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Is that a recommendation? 

No. Men should never wear gray spandex shorts.

From the Internet.

I DONE IT. My hair is mostly gone! My head feels naked and free. I shocked the whole salon with the carpet of hair around my chair and got complimented by a cute little old lady.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I DONE IT. My hair is mostly gone! My head feels naked and free. I shocked the whole salon with the carpet of hair around my chair and got complimented by a cute little old lady.

Sexy!  I would love to get that cut if I wouldn't look like a poodle in it.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nice haircut Lauren.

From the Internet.

Thanks friends! Big grin I anticipate a lot more lipstick and a lot fewer sweatshirts in my future, haha - it's super weird not to have "feminine"-feeling hair!