Beginners and Beyond

Hello Thursday :waves hand: (Read 42 times)

sdWhiskers

I love science too but was never as good with it as with numbers.  And:

Lol. Some of my coworkers are more Big Bang Theory than Breaking Bad.

sdWhiskers

Nobody really grows up wanting to be a payroll manager, but it pays the bills and allows me a good life. I don't mind it. I have little desire to move any higher up in the corporate food chain because that would mean more time working, and fts. Those people work late and work weekends.

This is where I'm at currently--deciding between being awesome at my current level or seeking opportunities to keep moving up. I feel like I'm supposed to Lean in and all, but my current level provides a nice work-life balance. Plus I'd rather work in the lab actually doing something tangible then spend my life in conference rooms.

sdWhiskers

No, kinda, and I don't think so but my mom claims I said when I was four years old that this is what I wanted to do.  In my defense, when I said that, I didn't really realize what it meant.

Are you a zookeeper? Or an astronaut? Those are the things I wanted to be at 4 years old

DavePNW

I love science too but was never as good with it as with numbers.  And:

And:

Dave

DavePNW

Are you a zookeeper? Or an astronaut? Those are the things I wanted to be at 4 years old

I remember one time when our daughter was very little, she told us she wanted to be a doctor. And we briefly thought how excellent, she already has such lofty aspirations. Then she followed up with "either that, or a horse". OK then.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Lol. Some of my coworkers are more Big Bang Theory than Breaking Bad.

Now that's just sacrilege in my book. Wink 

PS, loved that meme. Big grin Big grin Big grin

RunningOnSand

I remember one time when our daughter was very little, she told us she wanted to be a doctor. And we briefly thought how excellent, she already has such lofty aspirations. Then she followed up with "either that, or a horse". OK then.

Big grin Big grin Big grin

Kids' lines are the GREATEST ever. Today, as I was driving and coming to a stop sign, I hear my youngest tell me that "stop signs are useless." Big grin Big grin Big grin

bluerun

Super B****

Ha, those would actually be fun, probably!  I was a nerdy kid, I guess, because I don't remember wanting to be anything like that -- I wanted to be a writer.  But that was when I was seven or eight.  No, I apparently told my mom I wanted to be a librarian.  Because back then I thought that if nobody is in the library, the librarian (I thought the people checking out the books were librarians; they're not) can just sit and read all day.  It turns out that isn't how it works.  Who knew?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

To be fair, they're not mutually exclusive, are they??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

My 4 yo wants to be either a baseball player or a nurse (like DH). I asked him if he'd rather be a doctor and he said "no, that's just for girls"

RunningOnSand

My 4 yo wants to be either a baseball player or a nurse (like DH). I asked him if he'd rather be a doctor and he said "no, that's just for girls"

I don't know you but I love you. Hellz yeah!

On another note: my eating is out of control. I'm currently slurping down sipping a glass of Pinot Noir w/ ripples potato chips. And I made cinnamon rolls last Saturday so obviously I've been shoveling those down the hatch as fast as I can. Send help.

RunningOnSand

To be fair, they're not mutually exclusive, are they??

Like Mr. Ed? Although idk if he was a doctor.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ended up with Pilates and no run. Will catch up tomorrow.

Damaris

KCRuns

Ha, those would actually be fun, probably!  I was a nerdy kid, I guess, because I don't remember wanting to be anything like that -- I wanted to be a writer.  But that was when I was seven or eight.  No, I apparently told my mom I wanted to be a librarian.  Because back then I thought that if nobody is in the library, the librarian (I thought the people checking out the books were librarians; they're not) can just sit and read all day.  It turns out that isn't how it works.  Who knew?

That would be a perfect job for me!  I do love my books!

I'm in advertising sales and just fell into it, they don't teach this part of the business in college (at least when I was there).  Most days I love it and am pretty good at it.  Some days, like today, it just keeps a roof over my head and food on the table.  Tomorrow, I'll probably really like it again.  The business has changed a lot since I started 15 years ago, so it keeps me on my toes.  I do love the people I work with, which makes a world of difference in my book.  Before this I worked for a medical r&d company and they put the cray in crazy.