Beginners and Beyond

What is on your Sundailies agenda! (Read 46 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

13 miles this morning with Rocky and Jetta. This is Jetta's longest running to date and Rocky's longest this year.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Holy moly! 90 miles? I haven't run my LR yet and I will end up with a quarter less than your weekly total and I'm already exhausted from my week. How do you do it?

Slowly, with lots of grunting.

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I ran on the TM earlier and now off to see the new Van Diesel movie.

Damaris

happylily

Slowly, with lots of grunting.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Little Blue

Good afternoon!

11 miles on the rail trail.  It was going to be 10, but I opted for the extra 1/2 mile up to the potty.  Made the 5.5 back much more enjoyable.

I'm not sure I burned off the bazillion calories I consumed at the picnic last night.  Lots and lots of carbs, preceded by pumpkin pie and followed up with cheesecake.  Mmmmm.

Now off to eat something and buy groceries.

Cyberic

I'm in the cabin at the park having a sip of water before I head back home when this lady I often see running on Sundays comes up to me and says:

You know that guy with the black jacket you were following? He was with a woman...

Me: Not really. Kinda, but I didn't pay attention.

Her, with stars in her eyes: It's Alain Bordeleau. He ran in the Olympic in 1984. His marathon PR is 2:14.

Me: Really? Wow! That's pretty incredible

Then I talk some more with her. Her name is Diane and it turns out she was a pretty strong runner herself. She has a 5k PR of 17:05 (in her late 40s), a HM PR of 1:19, in her late 40s also, and can't remember exactly her marathon PR, but it was sub 3:00. Now she's 64, only runs the occasional 5K. This year she came in 1st woman in a 5K in 21Tight lippedx. At first they disqualified her, because at 64, a woman can't be running that fast. They later gave her back her first place after the other women in the race vouched her 1st place was legit.

That's pretty awesome stuff. The guy she was talking about (13:51 5K PR )  :

http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/bo/alain-bordeleau-1.html

http://www.all-athletics.com/fr/node/282536

Oh, and I ran 14.

MTA: This is the woman I was talking to.

http://www.runnersworld.com/masters/diane-legare

delicate flower

19:55.  2nd OA.  Very fucking happy.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Damnation!  Nice run.

Runner with a riding problem.

DavePNW

NICE!

Dave

Cyberic

Hey, congrats on that!

onemile

Wow! Is that a PR? I can't remember what your PR is.

happylily

I'm in the cabin at the park having a sip of water before I head back home when this lady I often see running on Sundays comes up to me and says:

You know that guy with the black jacket you were following? He was with a woman...

Me: Not really. Kinda, but I didn't pay attention.

Her, with stars in her eyes: It's Alain Bordeleau. He ran in the Olympic in 1984. His marathon PR is 2:14.

Me: Really? Wow! That's pretty incredible

Then I talk some more with her. Her name is Diane and it turns out she was a pretty strong runner herself. She has a 5k PR of 17:05 (in her late 40s), a HM PR of 1:19, in her late 40s also, and can't remember exactly her marathon PR, but it was sub 3:00. Now she's 64, only runs the occasional 5K. This year she came in 1st woman in a 5K in 21Tight lippedx. At first they disqualified her, because at 64, a woman can't be running that fast. They later gave her back her first place after the other women in the race vouched her 1st place was legit.

That's pretty awesome stuff. The guy she was talking about (13:51 5K PR )  :

http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/bo/alain-bordeleau-1.html

http://www.all-athletics.com/fr/node/282536

Oh, and I ran 14.

That's pretty amazing that she was disqualified because they didn't believe her age. Wow, what a cool story! There must be something special in the Montreal water to produce such strong runners. Too bad I moved away 12 years ago!

I was once in a couple of local races with these 2 identical twin sisters. They were 51 or 52 (thank god I was not in the same AG at the time...). They were crazy fast (well, in relation to me), so I looked up their finish times on Sportstats. They would run 2 or 3 marathons per year in about 3:25, their HM times were around 1:25 and 10ks :40:00/41:00. At their age! They looked like scary robots on the course, running side by side, always in sync. Anyway, I googled their names up, because I thought there was something fishy there. Turns out that one of them had been the first non-American female winner of the Kona Hawaii Ironman Triathlon in 1983. Her sister finished a few seconds behind her. Now I am trying to avoid the races they register for because I believe I am in their AG for the next 12 months. 

EDIT: I just checked them up again and at age 54, they now run their HMs in 1:35 and their full in around 3:35. The war is on! (insert evil laugh here)

happylily

Very nice!!!!

Cyberic

That's pretty amazing that she was disqualified because they didn't believe her age. Wow, what a cool story! There must be something special in the Montreal water to produce such strong runners. Too bad I moved away 12 years ago!

I was once in a couple of local races with these 2 identical twin sisters. They were 51 or 52 (thank god I was not in the same AG at the time...). They were crazy fast (well, in relation to me), so I looked up their finish times on Sportstats. They would run 2 or 3 marathons per year in about 3:25, their HM times were around 1:25 and 10ks :40:00/41:00. At their age! They looked like scary robots on the course, running side by side, always in sync. Anyway, I googled their names up, because I thought there was something fishy there. Turns out that one of them had been the first non-American female winner of the Kona Hawaii Ironman Triathlon in 1983. Her sister finished a few seconds behind her. Now I am trying to avoid the races they register for because I believe I am in their AG for the next 12 months. 

EDIT: I just checked them up again and at age 54, they now run their HMs in 1:35 and their full in around 3:35. The war is on! (insert evil laugh here)

Are they redheads? I've often seen these twin redheads in their early fifties train with a group, and they were chatting loudly all along, making all the people in the group laugh.

Did you see that I added a part about in my original post with a runner's world article about the Diane I was talking to.

DavePNW

Wow! Is that a PR? I can't remember what your PR is.

PR is 19:45 IIRC. But that one was not run 2 weeks post-mary.

Dave