Beginners and Beyond

What is on your Sundailies agenda! (Read 46 times)

LRB

19:55.  2nd OA.  Very fucking happy.

Your meal has been served, Sir.

happylily

Are they redheads? I've often seen these twin redheads in their early fifties train with a group, and they were chatting loudly all along, making all the people in the group laugh.

Did you see that I added a part about in my original post with a runner's world article about the Diane I was talking to.

Yes, reheads. Extremely thin looking (like scary thin...) They're the Puntous sisters. They define themselves as triathletes, not runners (although maybe nowadays they are more runners than triathletes).

I will read the article on Diane. Thanks!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

Yes, reheads. Extremely thin looking (like scary thin...) They're the Puntous sisters. They define themselves as triathletes, not runners (although maybe nowadays they are more runners than triathletes).

I will read the article on Diane. Thanks!

That's them Smile

Little Blue

I call shennanigans.  Nobody your age can run that fast.

Congratulations!

happylily

I call shennanigans.  Nobody your age can run that fast.

Congratulations!

haha!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

outoftheblue

That's insanely good.

Life is good.

Little Blue

Hey Lily (and any other Canadians who care to answer):  On the radio yesterday, they were oohing and ahhing over how HOT HOT HOT Justin Trudeau is.  I googled, and yeah, he's attractive.  Perhaps I should be looking for beefcake pictures?  Not really sure what they are seeing that I'm not.

Ric-G

congrats phil!...that is awesome and so soon after your marathon.

nice runs there eric, fs and lilblue

13 miles this morning...breakfast and coffee now...we'll see about later....have a good sunday all!

marathon pr - 3:16

Cyberic

Hey Lily (and any other Canadians who care to answer):  On the radio yesterday, they were oohing and ahhing over how HOT HOT HOT Justin Trudeau is.  I googled, and yeah, he's attractive.  Perhaps I should be looking for beefcake pictures?  Not really sure what they are seeing that I'm not.

I doubt you'll find beefcake pics of him. I don't see him doing that. He did fight in a boxing match against a Senator once, and won. He was wearing a singlet for the fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYlWiZMhaLE

onemile

PR is 19:45 IIRC. But that one was not run 2 weeks post-mary.

2 weeks post marathon I'm happy to run under 9 minute miles   A sub-20 5k is pretty impressive.

delicate flower

Thanks, guys!  DaveP is correct...PR is 19:45 on a beast of a course.  I need to do an RR for this one.

<3

workinprogress11

That's awesome, FFS!  Congratulations!  What kind of bling do you get for 2nd OA?

11 stupid easy miles done just to make sure I can stay on my feet that long in preparation for my impulse HM in two weeks.

Cyberic

2 weeks post marathon I'm happy to run under 9 minute miles   A sub-20 5k is pretty impressive.

Exactly. I'm 5 weeks from my marathon, I think, and have started to feel like maybe I could race again only this week, on Thursday. Before that, I was not feeling too good about my running. And I don't think I have the sub-20 shape back in me just yet.

Doing that in two weeks is beyond me.

Cyberic

When is your mileage game over, so we can see your log again?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Great job Phil!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)