Beginners and Beyond

So Long Sundailies (Read 29 times)

Cyberic

+1.

10k in 43:59. I suck. Warning: splits are not for the faint of heart. There were some stupid hills I could not really recover from. Pretty big race, so not much chance at AG placing anyway. Bleh.

However: for a ~1500-person race, in a congested area near downtown Seattle, I got a parking spot right across the street from the finish line. And a post-race French toast buffet for all runners. So I'm gonna call the day a win.

A Seattle race with hills? You've gotta be kidding!

onemile

+1.

10k in 43:59. I suck. Warning: splits are not for the faint of heart. There were some stupid hills I could not really recover from. Pretty big race, so not much chance at AG placing anyway. Bleh.

However: for a ~1500-person race, in a congested area near downtown Seattle, I got a parking spot right across the street from the finish line. And a post-race French toast buffet for all runners. So I'm gonna call the day a win.

Hmm your Strava GAP splits aren't too much different but I don't know how accurate that is.

Hills in races can destroy you if you take them too hard. I had a 5k where I tried to keep pace up a hill in the first mile and by mile 3 I was running MP lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

Oooh, I forgot about the GAP splits. Makes mile 2 look a little less brutal, has it at 9:08 instead of 9:25, the other 2 were within 2 seconds of the actual time.

I wonder how that works. Mile 2 was essentially down a big ass hill, then go back up to the turnaround, down again, then up the BAH. The net elevation was like 1 for that mile.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Woke up with my lower back tight and achy, but the run helped.  12 miles done.

Damaris

DavePNW

Hmm your Strava GAP splits aren't too much different but I don't know how accurate that is.

Hills in races can destroy you if you take them too hard. I had a 5k where I tried to keep pace up a hill in the first mile and by mile 3 I was running MP lol

This may have been my problem. My worst mile was the one after the one with the hills.

Dave

DavePNW

Dave

5k race this morning that started at 11am for some reason.  That's great in December, but August?  It was HOT!  Since I did 10 miles yesterday, I was satisfied with my efforts today.  Especially when I checked the results and discovered that I came in 1st place for the Masters - Fillies division by more than 3 minutes!  And 5th place for my age group!  Looks like the heat slowed everyone down!  LOL...

DavePNW

5k race this morning that started at 11am for some reason.  That's great in December, but August?  It was HOT!  Since I did 10 miles yesterday, I was satisfied with my efforts today.  Especially when I checked the results and discovered that I came in 1st place for the Masters - Fillies division by more than 3 minutes!  And 5th place for my age group!  Looks like the heat slowed everyone down!  LOL...

That is wack. Congrats on the win!

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I ran 20 with

6 miles easy working toward MP
                    5 miles at MP
                    4 miles of 2 min on / 2 min easy
                    1 mile easy
                    3 miles half marathon pace
                    1 mile cool down

Looks more like a week's worth of running for some of us.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Half Crazy K 2.0

TBack, congrats on the masters win. Cannot imagine an 11am start in the summer, I am usually cursing myself for not starting my run earlier if I am still out then.

bluerun

Super B****

+1.

That looks like a typical 10K for me.  Which is why I don't run 10Ks.  Much.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Runshortii

I ran 20 with

6 miles easy working toward MP
                          5 miles at MP
                          4 miles of 2 min on / 2 min easy
                          1 mile easy
                          3 miles half marathon pace
                          1 mile cool down

Runshortii

Nice job onemile. Running 20 miles at an easy pace is enough for me 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, TBack!

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

10k in 43:59.

In the summer, on a hilly course, at the end of a 50 mile week.  Nice race, Dave!!

<3