Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #4 (Read 31 times)

Cyberic

So much simpler with this dailies title scheme

Cyberic

So I ran less during the holidays and my legs have been feeling like they're in taper, not in a good way, but in the way of new found aches and pains.

I'm sans RP today, and the surface is good so I should run fast while I can, and I will, but my legs sure are telling me another story.

Moneghettis, probably, as you get to ease into faster running with that one. I find it is less of a shock.

Baboon

delicate flower

Happy Saturday, kids!  I ran 4 easy on the belt, plus I've got a bike workout later.  I should go to the office and do some work, but I am not going to, because fuck that place.

Looking forward to some playoff football later.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 6 miles after breakfast and a massage tonight.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

RD for me! I got to sleep in til 7:15 (my brain woke me up), not just slept in but I actually got a good night's sleep. We fell asleep around 11 last night, I had taken all the precautions, vapor-rub under my nose and chapstick for dry lips, ibuprofen for the pain I was having in my jaw and I actually slept uninterrupted!

Anyways, I got a good workout in yesterday morning then chose not to run afterward because I could already feel how much that workout drained me. I waited til afternoon and got in 5 miles with Jetta before picking Dorian up. That gives me 18.1 miles so far, all I need now is to get in 12-13 miles tomorrow to start off the next training cycle and I'll have 30-31 miles for the week.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

Morning! One run down, one to go. 4-6 more this afternoon plus 13-15 tomorrow will get me to 60+ this week. Hip seems to be totally normal again but will still be stretching it and whatnot for the next couple weeks just to make sure it stays that way.

8 miles cockamamie 

5 miles on stream grade, inside ride ham a little tight and uncomfortable, it was supposed to be a longer run day😟.  then short drive and ...

3 miles on the short shallow gutter hill at elevated pace... elevated pace cause I was pissed about the ham😡

But all-in-all a good workout, just not the one I planned.

I do like my short gutter hill, no traffic in the winter.   Lake on the right, dam at the bottom

Cyberic

Changed my mind and ran hills.

8 miles with 6 x 2 minutes + 2 x 1 minute

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

ran 7.6 at an easy pace which is my new "longest run a while."  Felt ok during the run but right upper hammy/butt thing is sore after.  really hoping it calms down today...

I'm pretty much med free, and slower than slow, so if I ever run a race again, I shouldn't have to worry about violating any drug rules!

sdWhiskers

10 happy sunny miles with RP. We met at 7am and I had to set an alarm   Holiday vacation wrecked me for getting up early.

sdWhiskers

So much simpler with this dailies title scheme

I veto this! It is ok for January but after? just no.

LRB

I ran 8.65.

An odd distance because I couldn't make up my mind. I had planned on running 16 tomorrow but don't think it's such a good idea coming off of this wretched stretch of awfulness.

My legs felt better today though and Garmin hit me with a +4 performance grade, so maybe I'll be up for some speed tomorrow or hills. We'll see...

Baboon

delicate flower

<3

sdWhiskers

Moneghettis, probably, as you get to ease into faster running with that one. I find it is less of a shock.

I want to run the Mona fartlek on Monday for the first time. What are the paces for hard/easy?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

On the beachbody vs Kathe conversation:

HCK, is Cathe's workouts as hard as Beachbody's? Every time I try something different they end up being so easy and lame and not worth doing. I have heard great things about Cathe's ones.

Ran my 6 in a wintry mix and mid 30s. It was nice.

Damaris