Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #4 (Read 31 times)

Cyberic

I had a 16 mile workout run that I totally destroyed 

URP ran with me and we killed that bitch. I am feeling good about Houston.

That, you did! 

LRB

That, you did! 

Thank you for the summation in the Stotan thread. It seemed as if every other post was a dissertation. Had me wondering if the topic was running, or neurosurgery.

onemile

also, I ate a Maurten gel (caff 100) during this run and my thoughts... it is like a mildly sweet but flavorless jello. it seems to be more volume than a gu and takes longer to eat.  I didn't gag or have a problem with it though.  it was fine.  not tasty or like a treat but it didn't bother me to eat it. It definitely lacks that SUPER SWEET ick factor of gu that bothers me later in a race - it's way toned down in sweetness.

LRB

also, I ate a Maurten gel (caff 100) during this run and my thoughts... it is like a mildly sweet but flavorless jello. it seems to be more volume than a gu and takes longer to eat.  I didn't gag or have a problem with it though.  it was fine.  not tasty or like a treat but it didn't bother me to eat it. It definitely lacks that SUPER SWEET ick factor of gu that bothers me later in a race - it's way toned down in sweetness.

Well done. ✔

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, onemile! The lack of sweetness would bother me but maybe eating it late in the race and keeping the sugary ones during the early miles might work for me. Although the caffeine alone might give me a heart attack, lol.

Damaris

DavePNW

I veto this! It is ok for January but after? just no.

Guess you better get up early and start one!

Dave

sdWhiskers

Guess you better get up early and start one!

Lol

So if I post at 430am before my run, is that early enough??

DavePNW

Lol

So if I post at 430am before my run, is that early enough??

Maybe, depending on how lazy people are on that day. I’ve started them, even after my run, so there’s a chance.

Dave

LRB

Maybe, depending on how lazy people are on that day. I’ve started them, even after my run, so there’s a chance.

This was never an issue back when weezer, photogtom, gustav and moth audio were in the mix. Shit, I never even started them myself because it was a wrap most days before 6:30 am. Nowadays, and it's been the case for years now, 9:00 seems to be the wtf time...although on some days, it can get up to 10:00 am.

DavePNW

This was never an issue back when weezer, photogtom, gustav and moth audio were in the mix. Shit, I never even started them myself because it was a wrap most days before 6:30 am. Nowadays, and it's been the case for years now, 9:00 seems to be the wtf time...although on some days, it can get up to 10:00 am.

Most of those guys are before my time. But I remember flarunner - was that here? She would post at 6AM ET...after finishing a 20-miler.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

But I remember flarunner - was that here? She would post at 6AM ET...after finishing a 20-miler.

She started pretty much every L&O daily for a while.  She even ran a winter contest one year.  I wonder what happened to her.  And I miss Moth.

<3

sdWhiskers

Most of those guys are before my time. But I remember flarunner - was that here? She would post at 6AM ET...after finishing a 20-miler.

Woah. I've finished 8 miles by 6am and thought that was impressive/crazy

sdWhiskers

Just spent 60 min to add Mona workout to my watch 

Watch wasn't recognized by computer, garmin express needed update, wtf is my Garmin connect pw, how do I get the repeats right...but finally success!

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles and strength training. Tried to wait for the rain to end, but no luck. At least it was a warm rain. Now I need to rest up to drive up to PA tomorrow to move MIL.

Unless I am doing a race, no way am I the first one posting. In 2017, my mileage game team had a lot of early risers. I usually check FB when I drink my coffee in the morning and there would be multiple posts from multiple people who had already run. It was 6:30.

DavePNW

She started pretty much every L&O daily for a while.  She even ran a winter contest one year.  I wonder what happened to her.  

IDK but it would probably be tough to find out, because she seemed to be one of those who was completely anonymous on the forums - never knew her real name or saw a picture. It was a while before I even knew she was a she.

Dave