Beginners and Beyond

Vacation Fridailies! (Read 36 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Who won the men's 200m last night? I didn't make it to halftime of the Lions' preseason game before my ass was out!

Doh, as if you needed to ask...  He won by a meter, I think.  And he looked to be jogging.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Are you running long or racing Sunday?

The PLAN is to run long.  We'll see what the jalopy has to say about that.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

The PLAN is to run long.  We'll see what the jalopy has to say about that.

Hilarious!

bluerun

Super B****

Hilarious!

It's not that funny when it's your body that's the piece of shit.

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

Ran 8 easy. Tried to cap my HR again. Damn it is hard. When warmwd up, as soon as my mind wanders, I lenghten my stride and HR goes up. Maybe my target HR was just too low. I was trying to keep it below 130 at all times, but I hit the 130s a few times.

Average HR: 125 BPM

8:31 mm avg pace.

I don't like it because I have to think about it all the time. It also seemed like it was harder on the legs than if I just let myself go and not think about anything.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 8 easy. Tried to cap my HR again. Damn it is hard. When warmwd up, as soon as my mind wanders, I lenghten my stride and HR goes up. Maybe my target HR was just too low. I was trying to keep it below 130 at all times, but I hit the 130s a few times.

Average HR: 125 BPM

8:31 mm avg pace.

I don't like it because I have to think about it all the time. It also seemed like it was harder on the legs than if I just let myself go and not think about anything.

Where did you get the 130s as your target, though?  Maybe it is too low as a target but I don't recall how you came up with that number.

Damaris

Cyberic

Where did you get the 130s as your target, though?  Maybe it is too low as a target but I don't recall how you came up with that number.

Just on the top of my head. 120 is a nice round number. I like it. 130 I don't like. It's ugly. 13 x 10. Not good. Didn't want to hit that number. Needed to stay below in the comforting 120.

onemile

Just on the top of my head. 120 is a nice round number. I like it. 130 I don't like. It's ugly. 13 x 10. Not good. Didn't want to hit that number. Needed to stay below in the comforting 120.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

That's, like... the equivalent of a nice leisurely stroll for me.

chasing the impossible

LRB

It's not that funny when it's your body that's the piece of shit.

:click:

Cyberic

That's, like... the equivalent of a nice leisurely stroll for me.

I have a hard time picturing you taking a leisurely stroll, smiling and nodding at people, enjoying the birds chirping. Good for you.

LRB

I do not remember what mine was, but the one or two times I tried to run to it proved to be a chore! Have you tried to run fast to your heart rate? I think my head would explode. lol

Cyberic

I do not remember what mine was, but the one or two times I tried to run to it proved to be a chore! Have you tried to run fast to your heart rate? I think my head would explode. lol

I haven't. Running slow to my HR is enough of a chore. I might do it again, but raise the "cap" to 135. Or not. The idea is to relax on an easy run, ffs.

LRB

I haven't. Running slow to my HR is enough of a chore. I might do it again, but raise the "cap" to 135. Or not. The idea is to relax on an easy run, ffs.

Don't quote me on this (well, you can quote my post, just not what I'm saying therein Big grin), but if I recall correctly, your easy HR reading is a percentage of your max HR. To find that you have to actually do a max HR workout. Or maybe not.